Recipe For Chocolate Cream Pie

My husband says his mother made the most wonderful chocolate cream pie from scratch. All he remembers is that she used to shave the chocolate into a cooking pan. But he says that the chocolate pudding part was so thick, that a fork would stand up in it.

Does anyone have a recipe like this? I would really appreciate any help. Thank you.

Smoochie from Houston, TX

Here is a web site that might have what smoochie from Texas might be looking for as far as German Cookies. I hope this helps. I have an old German cookbook but it doesn't have cookie recipes in it. (05/01/2008)

By Nancy Mobley

Recipe For Chocolate Cream Pie

This is the one I use and everyone says it is really good.

Chocolate Pie

• 1 9-inch pie crust, baked
  • 4 1-oz. squares unsweetened baking chocolate, divided
  • 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 cup hot water
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 cups whipping cream, divided
In heavy saucepan, over medium heat, melt 3 squares of chocolate, salt and condensed milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is very thick and fudgy (5-8 minutes). Add hot water, cook and stir until mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat, add vanilla. Cool 15 minutes, refrigerate 20-30 minutes. Beat 1 cup of whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate mixture , pour into pie shell. Chill for 3 hours or until set. When ready to serve, whip remaining cup of cream and spread on pie. Top with chocolate shavings from remaining chocolate square.

May substitute graham cracker crust or sugar cookie crust for baked pie crust.

By Shirley

Recipe For Chocolate Cream Pie

Here is my recipe for old fashioned Chocolate Cream Pie. I got it from a friend's great grandmother. It's my favorite to make reminds me of the diner days. Homemade pudding you cook on the stove, there's no better way.

Homemade Chocolate Pie (Tina's)

• 1 pie crust
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 heaping Tbsp. of unsweetened baking cocoa
  • 2 cups milk
  • 3 eggs, separated
  • 1 Tbsp. vanilla
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F. Bake pie crust till golden brown. Prick the bottom and sides. Mix the sugar, cornstarch and cocoa together in a medium size pot. Add the 2 Cups Milk and blend together. Stir constantly with a wire whisk over medium high heat. Add the 3 egg yolks add a little of the chocolate mixture to the egg yolk and blend before adding to the pudding mix. Stir constantly until thickened and bubbly.

Remove from heat and add the vanilla and the butter. Remove from burner and let cool while you prepare the meringue.

Mix the 3 egg whites with a dash of cream of tarter along with 2 Tablespoons sugar. Whip the egg whites till stiff and soft peaks form. Add pudding to cooled pie shell and top with meringue making sure the meringue touches the sides of the pie crust to prevent shrinking. Broil till lightly golden brown.

By Tina

Chocolate Cream Pie
banana pie
Banana Pie Recipes
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Pumpkin Cream Pie Recipes
Pumpkin Cream Pie Recipes
Frozen Chocolate Pie
Frozen Chocolate Pie Recipes