Simple Chocolate Cream Pie
A yummy, easy dessert that will satisfy a chocolate lover. This page contains a simple chocolate cream pie
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My kids go crazy for this pie! It's simpler to make than most chocolate cream pies. It has a deeper chocolate flavor, too. I always have all the ingredients to make it, definitely a plus!
Total Time: 25 minutes, plus more time to cool.
Yield: 1 pie
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped*
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pre-baked pie shell
*I used 1/2 a cup of dark chocolate chips.
- Whisk dry ingredients in medium saucepan.
- In separate bowl, combine milk and egg yolks.
- Slowly add milk mixture into saucepan, whisking the mix.
- Heat over medium heat. Continue whisking until mixture is thick, like pudding. It should take about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Add chocolate, butter and vanilla. Stir or whisk until smooth.
- Pour into pre-baked pie shell. Let pie cool. Refrigerate.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired!
April 15, 20150 found this helpful
I could eat this whole pie, this looks really good!
May 11, 20150 found this helpful
I'll try this one. It's good.