Gluten Free Chocolate Meringue Pie

Category Chocolate
This is a guide about gluten free chocolate meringue pie. When you need to avoid wheat and gluten, you can still enjoy rich chocolate pie.

When your doctor tells you that you are allergic to wheat and eating it can cause serious problems, including cancer, it can seem devastating. No more pie, cookies, and cake, which can be a good thing, but sometimes you just deserve some of this stuff. I have learned that I can have all of this and even bread, but it has to be made gluten free.

Most pies can be made gluten free, but it's the pie crust that is the problem. I make my gluten free pie crust from Pantry Perfect Pie Crust Mix found in the gluten free section at Wal-mart. This mix makes 4 delicious pie crusts. Pre-baking the crust, even when making a pie that you cook in the crust such as a pecan pie or coconut pie, makes a crisper crust. I bake all 4 crusts at the same time and freeze the extras. If you can't find this mix, try ordering it from the website for Gluten Free Pantry products: www.glutino.com

Pie

• 5 oz. box chocolate Jell-o cook and serve pudding and pie filling mix
  • 3 cups 2 percent milk
  • 3 egg yolks, beaten with a fork
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • Meringue

• 3 egg whites
  • 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
  • 1/4 cup sugar

Directions:

Cook pie filling over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a full boil. Set aside.

Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add cream of tartar and beat and gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.

Pour pie filling into pie crust and spread the meringue over filling sealing to edge of crust.

Bake 325 degrees F for approximately 12 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.

Chill and enjoy.

By naturelover from NC