Recipes Using Cilantro

Also know as coriander this herb is delicious fresh or dried. This page contains recipes using cilantro.

January 20, 2010 Flag

• 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
  • 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 whole green onions, coarsely chopped
  • 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • salt and pepper to taste

Place lime juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cilantro, green onions, and jalapeno peppers together in a blender or food processor. Process until well blended and smooth. Add sour cream and mayonnaise. Process again until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the container as necessary. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

Source: Found at Allrecipes and it certainly is yummy!

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Sounds great! What would you serve this with other than a salad?

April 24, 2011 Flag

This dish tastes yummy served warm, at room temperature or cold. If you're not thrilled about cilantro, you can omit and still enjoy simple lime barley ;-)

Rinse and drain barley. Place the 6 cups of water or broth in a saucepan, add the barley and bring to a boil.

Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until barley is tender and water is almost absorbed, about 45 minutes.

Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, and salt to taste, cover and set aside for flavors to blend.

Fluff the barley, drizzle with the dressing, stir and serve.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

December 29, 2006 Flag

I just recently found my love for cilantro. I put it in almost everything. What are some of your easy recipes with cilantro? I chop some onion, jalepeno pepper, tomatoes, avocados, and squeeze some lemon on it. So delicious!

Sydney from Kailua, Hawaiii

My kids laugh at me because I love cilantro so much. I would put it in everything if I could. Any Mexican or Asian dish tastes great with it. Just had to post to let you know that you have a soul sister out here. :-)

A green salad doesn't taste the same for me without cilantro. I add it into anything Asian or Mexican. I make my own salsa often (fresh, not cooked) and my hubby who doesn't normally like cilantro always seems to want more. I didn't like it for the longest time cuz' my Dad told me it tasted like soap. It wasn't till 1990's or so when I went to the local taqueria that I fell in love with it! I love it in my homemade hummus.

Trader Joe's sells a Jalapeno/Cilantro one that gave me the idea. Mmm, makes me wanna make some tonight! I add some last minute to my top ramen (don't eat much but when I do) with some chili oil or hot sauce. Chop up real fine and add with lime juice and hot sauce to Mexican wagon wheels (duritos, or duraditos depending on who you talk to here in Nor. Cali) yummy!

Look up recipes for

Pico De Gallo

This is Mexican food.

yummmy :)

September 10, 2010 Flag

Toast cumin in a small skillet over low heat, stirring, until just fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Combine tomatoes, onion, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and chipotle in a blender or food processor.

Food and Recipes Recipes SpicesFebruary 6, 2013
Homemade Salsa
Salsa Recipes Without Cilantro
Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Recipes
dried cilantro
Drying Cilantro