Reconditioning A Dry Erase Board

My husband and I are both teachers and would like a homemade solution for restoring dry-erase boards. We find it difficult to remove the dry-erase ink on our boards now and think they need to be re-conditioned.

LadyHammett

Answers:

Reconditioning A Dry Erase Board

Have you tried the spray cleaners specifically designed for cleaning dry erase boards?? They work wonders! (01/10/2005)

By beanygurl

Reconditioning A Dry Erase Board

Usually you can use regular rubbing alcohol. Put it in a spray bottle, and it works just as good as the store bought cleaners. (01/10/2005)

By Derek

Reconditioning A Dry Erase Board

Do you want to clean it or make like new? I saw a hint where a lady suggested covering with plain white contact paper and replace when it gets bad. (01/11/2005)

By Anna

Reconditioning A Dry Erase Board

Fill a spray bottle with rubbing alcohol. Spray board and wipe with a rag to remove ink. Incidentally, if you accidently use a permanent marker on the dry erase board, simply scribble over it with a dry erase marker and wipe... It disappears easily. (01/13/2005)

By Shan

Reconditioning A Dry Erase Board

Clean it with WD-40, repeat when it starts being difficult again. (02/03/2005)

By Barbie

Reconditioning A Dry Erase Board

I reconditioned my white board by applying car wax -- just like you would on the car -- a thin coat, let it dry to a film, then wipe off the wax with a soft cloth. It seemed to do the trick! (09/19/2005)

By cmvnj

Reconditioning A Dry Erase Board

Thank You! Thought I was going to have to buy a new one. I would of never thought to use any of the above suggestions. I now have a Like New Dry Erase Board again, Thanks to Google and all Your Wonderful Ideas. (09/13/2006)

By T.Kelsey

Reconditioning A Dry Erase Board

A hard rubbing with crest toothpaste can remove stubborn marks and will not damage the surface. (12/06/2006)

By Jim

Reconditioning A Dry Erase Board

I used rubbing alcohol to remove the ghosting and dry erase marker that wouldn't come out. I purchased 32 oz. for under $1 at the local supermarket. I still had a problem with the dry erase marker not coming off so I did a lot of searching to find a way to recondition the board so it would work like new again. I heard someone mention a few coats of scotch guard but I haven't tried this. Instead, I just reconditioned my dry erase board with a couple coats of liquid car wax (Zymol) and it works awesome. (12/13/2006)

By Steve in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Reconditioning A Dry Erase Board
Dry Erase Markers
Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Couch
Dry Erase Markers
Reviving Dry Erase Markers
Dry Erase Board
Reconditioning a Dry Erase Board
A dry erase board and markers.
Cleaning a Dry Erase Board
🎄