Recycled Sweater Mittens
A worn or stained sweater can find new life as a pair or two of mittens. This is a guide about recycled sweater mittens.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I love mittens. They have a certain charm about them. I had a few leftover pieces of yarn and a beautiful, yet stained sweater. I decided to make mittens out of the sweater. I made socks too, but didn't have the greatest success with those, so I repurposed them into legwarmers. I love how the mittens turned out. I wear them all the time!
- 1 sweater turned inside out
- yarn needle
- safety pins
- marker of any kind or chalk
- Turn sweater inside out.
- Trace hands on bottom of sweater.
- Cut out traced shape of hands through two layers of sweater.
- Safety pin two pieces together.
- Thread yarn needle or regular needle if you are using thread. Tie knot.
- Sew mittens together leaving bottom open for hands to go into.
- Gently begin to turn mittens right side out
- Look how pretty they are. If one is a different size than the other, stretch them to match.
- Enjoy your warm mittens!
January 21, 20171 found this helpful
Brilliant! Oh, the sweaters I've relinquished that would've made adorable mittens! Keeping my eyes open now...
January 21, 20170 found this helpful
They are really fun to wear too! I'm gong to make some as gifts ;)
In These Guides