Recycled Wreath Ideas

Category Decor
Recycled Wreath Ideas
Using recycled items, you can make wreaths for all your special occasion decorating needs. This is a guide about recycled wreath ideas.

From trash to treasure, I love finding old things that can be transformed into something new. I found an old wreath at a garage sale made from straw and held together with wire, and used some things I had around the house to make a beautiful Christmas wreath. Inexpensive and with my own touch

By Tara from Sandusky, OH

Wreath made of cardboard, Styrofoam, colored paper and mini Christmas tree lights.

Approximate Time: 8 hrs.

Instructions:

1. Cut 24 inch diameter circle out of the cardboard.

2. Paint Christmas green and let dry.

3. Paint Santa on either Styrofoam or corrugated cardboard.

4. Advertisement
  5. Make lots of leaves by cutting out of green papers. Shape is not that important, just make several concave cuts around a piece of green paper.

6. I cut Merry Christmas out of cardstock that was printed on my laser printer.

7. Make holes in cardboard circle to mount lights. I used a 5/16th inch drill to make the holes (35 of them), and then pushed into place, the lights are held tight by friction.

8. Make white and red circles from construction paper. They are 2 or 3 inches smaller than preceding circle.

9. Print Merry Christmas on cardstock with font of your choice. The letters are placed and attached with small pieces of cardstock, 1in. by 3/8 in. Fold in half, and glue one end to paper circle, and one end to letter.

10. Hang in location of your choice. If outside, secure tightly to avoid wind damage. Battery operated lights are available at the craft stores.

By Creativeman from Chatsworth CA

This is a guide about making a Christmas wreath with book pages. A beautiful and unique wreath can be created using the pages from an old book.

Making a Book Pages Christmas Wreath

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

My three kids worked on this recycled Earth Day wreath. We used cardboard from a cereal box for the base (cut in a circle and taped together). They all enjoyed gluing on the packing peanuts. I used a grocery bag for the bow. We added decorative milk jug lids and metal can lids as accents. It's nice to give a teacher and it won't take up a lot of space for storage.

By Wendy from Coopersburg, PA

I have seen a garden wreath made out of a length (about 6 feet) of hose. Secure it with wire or strong twine, add a bow (maybe burlap) and some silk flowers and vines for interest and you have a lovely decoration for your garden shed or fence. I would put hose ends on a length of hose if I cut it off a longer hose for a more finished look.

This takes a wire coat hanger, and a box of 25 of the thinner gallon size plastic bags (not Zip-loc)

This is a guide about making recycled mini wreaths. Using recycled materials from around your home, you can make cute small wreaths for the holidays.

Making Recycled Mini Wreaths

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a recycled Christmas wrapping paper wreath. Recycle your Christmas wrapping paper into a pretty holiday wreath.

Recycled Christmas Wrapping Paper Wreath for Kids

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a puzzle wreath. Jigsaw puzzles with missing pieces or inexpensive new ones are a good source of crafting materials.

Puzzle Pieces

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Save your old artificial Christmas trees to make a wreath. Cut 1/2 inch plywood into a donut shape, the size will vary according to how big you want it. Paint it green.

A beautiful Christmas wreath can be made by covering a bicycle tire with chicken wire, then weaving pieces of evergreen boughs through it. Then attach a brightly colored ribbon and anything else that you wish to add. By Katz

I'm looking for instructions to make a wreath from a coat hanger and green tulle. My grandmother and I did this years ago, now I'd like to teach my grandkids. I remember you have to tie strips of tulle onto the hanger. Thanks.

Lynn from Mineral, VA

Best Answer

The one I remember was threaded on the coat hanger, ribbon style, sort of like stair steps. Hard to explain in words. That is what I remember anyway.