Recycled Wreath Base

As a crafter, I am always looking for ways to incorporate green crafting into my crafts, using recycled materials whenever I can. Recently I realized that one could turn old vinyl record jackets and an empty packaging box into a sturdy base for a wreath. A great money saver!

Here is how:

1. Cut open the sides of each cardboard jacket. Trace two circles with a diameter of 11.7 inches onto each jacket and cut them out. You should have four circles in total.

2. Centre and place a plastic lid with a diameter of 7.4 inches on the first circle, and trace around the lid. Cut out the inner circle. Repeat with the other three circles cut from the jackets.

3. From the packaging box, cut a piece that has the same size as a record jacket. Trace a circle with a diameter of 11.7 inches on to this piece of cardboard box and cut it out. Centre and place the plastic lid with the diameter of 7.4 inches on this circle, trace around the lid and also cut out the inner circle.

4. Glue two circles cut from jackets on each side of the circle cut from the cardboard box to make a sturdy base for the wreath.