Recycling Stuffed Toys for Stuffing

Instead of paying the high price for "poly-fill" stuffing, I recycle unwanted stuffed toys. There is an almost ENDLESS supply of stuffed toys available. I can usually purchase a garbage bag size full of them at the thrift store for a couple of dollars. Get out your scissors and hack away! I know it sounds a bit cruel but oh so cheap!

Source: my own.

By Frances from Bland, Mo

Recycling Stuffed Toys for Stuffing

What a good idea. I make Raggedy Ann's, and the filling is pretty costly. I would wash the stuffed toys first though, just to make sure everything was clean.(04/15/2008)

By suzin

Recycling Stuffed Toys for Stuffing

An even better way to get old stuffed animals is to join your local freecycle group. Everything listed on freecycle is FREE and stuffed animals are a frequent offer! You can find groups listed at: (I use the Browse Groups button rather than putting my town or zip code in because it is more accurate.) (04/15/2008)

By Cindy

Recycling Stuffed Toys for Stuffing

When you open the stuffed animals to recycle their stuffing, open them from the bottom and try not to damage the critter.

The critters opened in this manner make great puppets! (04/17/2008)

By mom-from-missouri

Girl Playing with Homemade Playdough
Saving Money On Crafts
Recycled Paper Envelope Finished
Making Recycling Fun
Stove Top Stuffing
Recipes Using Stove Top Stuffing
Cleaning Stuffed Toys
Cleaning Stuffed Toys
Delicious Stuffing
Tips for Making Delicious Stuffing