Refrigerator's Door Ice Maker Not Working

I have a side by side Kenmore with the ice dispenser on the outside. It makes ice but I cannot get it from the outside.

Darlene from Carriere, MS

Answers:

I don't have a Kenmore, but with the ice dispensers, there is a metal screw drive that dispenses the ice. Is that rotating? Is something clogging the dispenser chute like old ice? It can stick together in large clumps. Try emptying out the ice dispenser and clean it out. Most can be removed and replaced. Good luck. (01/09/2009)

Mine did that just recently and I found that the opening for it to drop out of had frozen over and it could not get out. I used a butter knife to chisel that frozen ice out of there. (01/14/2009)

By Beverlyt

Your motor on the ice maker may have gone out. We had that happen on our Kenmore several years ago. It would cost more to put a new motor in, than it was worth. The ice maker still makes ice, and we just get it out ourselves. Been doing that for 4 years. Will get a new one when the refrigerator goes out. (01/14/2009)

By DEE

Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Refrigerator Ice Maker
Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🎉
🎄