Refrigerator's Door Ice Maker Not Working

My Kenmore thru-the-door ice dispenser stopped working. It doesn't make any sound when pressing either the cube or crushed button. The screw device that feeds the ice to the dispenser can be turned by hand. The ice maker works fine. Thanks for any tips.

By Eglan69 from Panama City, FL

Answers:

Go to repairclinic.com. You just find your appliance, find the problem and they will tell you probable causes and you can even order parts from them. Customer service is great and will help you over the phone to make sure you have the right part.

I have used them several times and my husband used the step by step guide to repair our dishwasher and refrigerator. Good luck (04/29/2009)

By respshelly

This happened to me recently when we had power surges. The board was blown out. It made ice fine, we just couldn't get it or water thru the door. (04/30/2009)

By Lynn

I found the problem in my request of 04/21/2009. It was broken pins that hold the ice dispenser switch in place. To get to it you must remove the dispenser cover plate by popping it off at the bottom and then sliding it upwards. The switch that is activated by the ice dispenser is held in place by two plastic pins that are approximately 7/64 inch in diameter. (Very flimsy).

I drilled 2 holes through the plastic plate where the pins were located and pushed the original pins through the holes. I then was able to slide the switch back onto them as originally mounted. This may not hold up. If not I will purchase two small screws (stove bolts) of the proper diameter and length and replace the plastic pins with them. That would make it better than new. Thanks to those that responded to my query. (06/20/2009)

By eglan69

Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Refrigerator Ice Maker
Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Getting Water
Crushed Ice
Ice Maker Only Dispensing Crushed Ice
Ice Maker
Ice Maker Not Dispensing Ice
🎉
🎄