Remedies for Bee Stings

I would like to know remedies for bee stings that works. I usually put ice pack and baking soda. Anybody have a good remedy?

Remedies for Bee Stings

Years ago when my mom got stung by a wasp, a friend of mine pulled out his pack of cigarettes, broke open the wrapping, moistened the tobacco and put it on my mom's sting. It took both the sting and the swelling out.

Marla - Our fragrances leave lasting impressions. (08/19/2005)

By forgetmenotaromas

Remedies for Bee Stings

Try wetting the sting and sprinkling meat tenderizer on it. Almost always works for us! (08/19/2005)

By MsDee

Remedies for Bee Stings

The three ways we handle bee stings are as follows, we all have a different one we like.

1) Try putting some mud on the sting

2) You can get an onion and slice it in half and place the cut side down on the sting.

or 3) make a paste of baking soda and ammonia and apply to sting when it dries rub off dried paste. (08/19/2005)

By yankeesgryl

Remedies for Bee Stings

A lot of these suggestions are good ones and work well.
But if anyone I know gets stung (that isn't allergic), I'm grabbing the vinegar and baking soda to use.

By evlevo85

Remedies for Bee Stings

I have tried and used both these remedies and they both work great. Either a slice of tomato or a slice of onion. Both of these seem to stop the stinging & take the stinger out. Hope this helps someone.
Carol (08/20/2005)

By littlebity

Remedies for Bee Stings

I got stung badly just the other day, the non-stop burning shooting clear up my arm. I put some ammonia on it, and the burning immediately stopped. I also had no swelling.

By TerryfromChilliOH

Remedies for Bee Stings

I use Listerine mouthwash on mosquito and black fly bites. It might work for bee stings too. Just soak a cotton ball and apply to the bite for a few minutes. (08/20/2005)

By Nettie

Remedies for Bee Stings

I would like to say thanks to all who responded. I will try them all as I have a lot of wasps where I live. Each remedy one at a time to see what works best for me.Thanks again! (08/20/2005)

By seamstress

Remedies for Bee Stings

Make a paste of meat tenderizer and water and apply to area. Got this from a doctor. (08/21/2005)

Remedies for Bee Stings

I use Adolf's meat tenderizer. Make a paste and put it on. The enzemes break down the venom. Works great. Then ice to keep the venom from traveling further. I swell up like a balloon from any kind of sting and have found this to work. In a pinch, if you are not at home, just go to the nearest place you can get ice or even a cold soda from a machine. The cold will keep the venom from traveling. Hope this helps. Valery (08/24/2005)

By valery

ouchy wowaaa

I don't know about about you guys but i just got stung by a wasp in the finger. It was sitting on my head and I thought it was a fly so I plopped my hand on my head and BAM! It hurt really bad, my mom put some water, ice, then vinegar and baking soda. Worked, it's magic! Also benedryl cream works wonderful too (10/02/2005)

By Mallory and Alesia

Remedies for Bee Stings (03/07/2007)

By Brad

Remedies for Bee Stings

Taking a penny and holding it on a bee sting for 15 minutes causes it not to swell and something in the copper takes the venom out (05/31/2007)

By Cressida

Carpenter bee on a flower.
Home Remedies for Bee Stings
Homemade Bee Repellents
Bee Trap
Making a Bee Trap
Mosquito Bites
Treating Insect Bites and Stings
Bumble Bee on a flower.
Getting Rid of Underground Bumble Bee Nest