Remedies for Bee Stings

After being stung, make a thick paste of baking soda and water. Pat the paste solution onto the sting area and watch the swelling and pain subside. Another remedy (when more people smoked cigarettes) is to place some tobacco in your lower lip and liquify (make a 'chew') with your saliva; then place the 'chew' onto the sting. It also will relieve the swelling and pain.

By Cajun from Collinsville

Remedies for Bee Stings

Believe it or not you can also use antipersprant on a sting. I learned this in a home remedy book and then tried it when my son got stung (he was 2 or 3 at the time) and he immediately stopped crying. (06/09/2008)

By Kathy

Remedies for Bee Stings

I was stung by a wasp six times. I immediately dabbed straight household ammonia using a cotton ball on the area of the stings. The pain disappeared immediately. A neighbor who is a chemist recommended this. He had used it on a neighbor's child when she was stung by a bee. It is also good for mosquito bites. I have been using ammonia for over ten years and it has always worked for anyone who tried it. (06/10/2008)

By Mike

Carpenter bee on a flower.
Home Remedies for Bee Stings
Homemade Bee Repellents
Bee Trap
Making a Bee Trap
Mosquito Bites
Treating Insect Bites and Stings
Bumble Bee on a flower.
Getting Rid of Underground Bumble Bee Nest