Remedies for Sweating Feet

Category Home Remedies
Sweating Feet
Sweaty feet can be quite embarrassing and frustrating to prevent. This is a guide about remedies for sweating feet.

Perhaps someone with some medical knowledge may be able to answer this. My feet have started sweating in the past year irregardless of the temperatures.

I am past 60, post-menapausal and in relatively good health. I have never had this problem before, but now find I have to change socks several times a day. There is no foot odor but my socks, regardless of the weight or style of the socks, are damp.

I do wear only SAS shoes but have several pairs I alternate between. Even when I wear sandals with a pair of socks, the socks get damp. What gives here or more precisely, what am I doing wrong?

Sadie

i have had sweaty feet and hands all my life. i make sure i wash and dry frequently. i know i should also wear cotton socks at all times(tho i dont) i suggest you go to the Dr to have it checked out if this is a new situation.

You could try putting anti-perspirant on your feet before putting on your socks. Also, put foot powder in your shoes to absorb the moisture.

It sounds like a type of hypohydrosis (or is it hyperhydrosis?)- something like that. From what I've read, it means you sweat alot, whether from hands, armpits, feet, etc. Try to get a prescription for Drysol.

Have you thought of sprinkling powder or cornstarch in your shoes? Maybe rubbing some on your feet before putting on your socks. My feet sweat when I'm on my feet alot, especially while and after exercising.

Have you been checked recently for diabetes?

My 10-year-old daughter complains that her feet sweating. Yes, it's summer, but she says that they are sweaty in sandles too. Do you have any solutions - preferably not using over the counter products. I try to stay away from chemicals. I know I've read about soaking feet in tea (?) but I'm not trying to get rid of smell as much as the sweat.

Thanks.
Ann

Glad to see someone who avoids chemicals especially around kids! Baking soda sprinkled in her shoes will help with absorbing the sweat and I've heard that wiping her feet with rubbing alcohol before she puts socks on will help too. I would also make sure she's wearing only cotton socks (my feet sweat like crazy when I wear anything but cotton). My other concern is that excessive sweating *could* be a symptom of something more serious like a thyroid problem, maybe run it past her doctor just for peace of mind. She's also starting to enter those lovely pre-puebencent years so the sweaty feet could just be part of all of that too!

Good luck to you both!

Rebekah

If the baking soda doesn't work try powdered alum from the spice section of your grocery store - just be sure and wash your hands after applying or any time your hands come in contact w/the alum - there's absolutely no harm, but if you get alum in your mouth it's like licking deodorant or a biting a ripe persimmon!! Pucker up!!!

i also have sweaty feet and hands. its called hyper hydrosis.

i spray my feet and hands with antiperstperaent. i keep them as clean as possible. i also spray the cucumber spray from avon on them. i find that cools them off.

I also have the world's sweatiest feet. It may have started in puberty many years ago, but the problem never went away. It seems my feet sweat even more in sandals, so cotton socks are very helpful. Soaking feet daily in a strong epsom salt solution helps. The tea soak helps, but discolors the feet. Also, at least once a week I use 1 capful of bleach to a half gallon of water and soak. My feet sweat so much that any deodorant or antipersperant applied rinses right off. Good luck. It's no fun.

I found a cure, balancing the body's pH. I am a minister and sweaty hands were a nightmare for me. I prayed for a cure and God sent me a natural product that worked in the first week I drank it. Visit my website at http://www.goht  m/marinaskinner. Try Coral Calcium free for 30 days. It worked for me!! Let me know.

Marina A. Skinner

www.marinaskinner@triad.rr.com

How can I stop sweaty feet?

Ellie from Boca Raton, FL

I have a cold sweat problem with mine ever since they were frost bitten. The only thing I can say is wear cotton socks, it allows the air to circulate and stay dryer longer. Also change your socks twice a day if you can.

apply a deoderant that had an antipersperant in it to your feet and let it dry before putting on your socks......it has worked for me