Remedy For Tape Worms

I am out of work and can't afford tape worm meds for my four month old puppy. Is there a home remedy for eliminating this parasite?

Mr. Edwin

Answers:

Remedy For Tape Worms

Here is a site with some herbal treatments for worms. I didn't have time to read the whole page or follow all the links but there might be some information there for you.

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/parasites.htm

Why do you think your puppy has tape worms?

It might not be too expensive to take a stool sample to a vet or the humane society and if they find them, just get the medication you need without an office call. It's worth calling around.

Take care,
Susan from ThriftyFun (06/01/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Remedy For Tape Worms

Do you have a friend or relative who could lend you the money for a vet's visit? You can find some worm medicine, relatively cheap, at a Farm supply store, or even Wal-Mart. I don't know how well they work though, but have heard that they are helpful. I do know that the best tick preventive is Frontline, which I did get from our vet, but found out I can get it much cheaper at Rural King stores. You can even get medicine for pets' injections there, but I don't want to try that, I will leave that to my vet.
I don't know about home remedies, but you can check out this site---vetinfo.com, and see if you can find some help there.
Good luck! (06/01/2005)

By Kentucky-lass

Remedy For Tape Worms

Ivermectin is available without a prescription, it may be bought by mail anyway. Humane society is a bet too, they would know. (06/02/2005)

By Barbaral

Remedy For Tape Worms

This sounds like something better left to the professionals. You might find a vet that would set fees for you on a sliding scale according to what you can pay, or let you pay over time. The humane society might also have some ideas about how you can get free or low-cost pet care. (06/02/2005)

By Claudia

Remedy For Tape Worms

Tapeworms are very hard to eliminate, they are the result of fleas. The dog scratches with the mouth, ingesting the flea eggs, and the result is tapeworms. If you eliminate the fleas, the problem will be easier to control. The medicine for tapeworms is very strong. If possible at all, see your vet, or at least make a call to him. The over the counter drugs are not nearly as effective as the prescribed medicine. I have gone both ways and the vet medicine is much better. You will have a re infestation if the flea problem is not reduced. (06/02/2005)

By Kawasue

Remedy For Tape Worms

A visit to the vet with your pup's stool sample is by far the safest and most effective way to deal with his problem. Tape worm treatment from the vet is simple and effective. However, our pets get tapeworms from ingesting fleas. Therefore, his fleas must be treated also. The vet is the best source of accurate information and effective treatment. Your pup's bed and living area must be kept free of fleas. He can still pick them up from grass and weeds. Discuss your budget concern with your vet ahead of time. I'm sure you won't be the first pet owner with that concern. And remember your vet's first priority is his/her animal patients! (10/28/2005)

By wonfivegolf

Remedy For Tape Worms

If you can't afford to buy wormer this will help. I boil walnut hulls and add to my dogs drinking water. I also put pumpkin seeds in their food, and they are fit as fiddles. Most people will gladly let you pick walnuts up out of their yard before the squirrels plant them everywhere. (03/05/2007)

By creetabell

Remedy For Tape Worms
Duct Tape
Making Duct Tape Clothes
Duct Tape
Removing Duct Tape From Carpet
Making a Duct Tape Bow
Making a Duct Tape Bow
duct tape flip flops
Making Duct Tape Flip Flops
🎄