Remove Garlic and Onion Odors from Hands

How do you remove garlic smell from your hands after cooking?

Misbah

Answers:

Hi, just soap and wash your hands while rubbing over stainless steel ( the water tap or soup spoons for example ) and voila!, smell gone (07/21/2006)

By Nicoletta

Rubbing on stainless steel removes fish smells too. (07/22/2006)

By feemayl

I just prepared to cook dinner for my boyfriend for the first time tomorrow night, so I chopped the onions and garlic tonight. Of course I didn't want to smell like onions and garlic when he comes over, so I tried your trick and to my shock and surprise, it worked! Thank you so much! (08/02/2006)

By Jamie

None of it worked for me (11/29/2006)

By Fred

Thank you ladies, the smell was driving me crazy. I use onion every day and can never escape the odor. Thank you! (01/05/2007)

By cookie

It Worked! Thanks for the tip (01/29/2007)

By Michele and Jeff in UK

Sweet! It worked! I'd already tried everything else. (02/03/2007)

By Joy

Hey! I finally figured it out! Yesterday at work I had to spread a bunch of onions out on pans and my hands still reeked this morning. I tried washing my hands with just soap and water about 7 times, I tried lemon juice, I tried the stainless steel thing, but none of those got RID of the smell. The lemon juice helped the most but my hands still smelled nasty. Then I tried the salt and there was only barely a hint of the smell. Then I remembered this product I have. It's an herbal serenity aromatherapy "show of hands" instant manicure. It's made with special oils and SALTS from the Dead Sea. It completely got rid of every trace of the smell! My hands actually smell really good now! (06/26/2007)

Stainless steel works! (10/04/2007)

By Brandi

Cut up some garlic today and tried the stainless steel approach. It worked! Simply amazing, thanks for the tip! (01/09/2008)

By Katie M

I was cooking in school the other day and I had to mince garlic and after my hands smelled bad. My mom said to use the steel bar. I did and it did not work. So I looked on here and saw toothpaste and I'm like it's worth a shot. I used it and it worked! =) (05/02/2008)

By none ya

Amazing! I experimented with both toothpaste and my stainless steel spoon on each hand. The stainless steel spoon worked best. It left a natural smell compared to the toothpaste it left a mint smell with a hint of garlic aroma. (09/02/2008)

By jenofa

The stainless steel worked! Thanks. I am blown away. (09/06/2008)

By Art

IT'S GONE!

This morning I've been making soup, it involved chopping up onions. Later on in the day when we were trampolining, I noticed that my hands absolutely STANK of onion. By that time I'd washed my hands about 3 times since I'd handled the onion, and it had been about two hours. I got home as quickly as I could and tried the ol' stainless steal soap bar thingy, which seriously didn't work. I tried baking soda, which really felt horrible when I breathed some in, then I tried loads of soap, hand sanitiser and some more stuff. The smell was coming and going by now. After loadsa complaining I went and had a bath and tried scrubbing my hands, but the smell remained there, like a stinky memory ;)

Then I tried rubbing salt and lemon juice into my hands, which really killed because my hands are covered in cuts! Then I was about to give up and spend the rest of my life smelling like a kebab when I raided the cupboards only to find some "revaitalising hand saviour" which was a freebee from boots (drug store in the UK). Well, I love this stuff anyway 'cos it makes my hands feel lovely and soft, and whadaya know? The smell has finally gone.. Now my hands are luuurvely and smooth and onion free :) (09/15/2008)

By Hulataloola

I'm truly truly amazed I'm going to spread the news that this is the first home remedy I've tried that really worked! (09/26/2008)

By Amazed

Chef chopping red onion
Removing Onion and Garlic Smell From Hands
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
beautiful lawn
Getting Rid of Onion Grass
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
🎉
🎄