Removing Onion and Garlic Smell From Hands

Chef chopping red onionI know this will sound ridiculously silly to some, but if you have ever thought about buying those stainless still things that are shaped like bars of soap that say they get rid of the onion smell on your hands, here is a simpler way to do it.

I have a stainless steel sink. I wet my hands and rub them all around the sink, even splitting my my fingers and running them across the center divider of my sinks. Then I wash with regular soap and water and the onion smell is gone. If you don't have a stainless steel sink, use the back of a stainless spoon to rub and "wash" the smell off of your hands. Wash with soap and rinse. The metal pulls the odor out of your skin.

By diane szlucha from Owego, NY

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 288 Posts
Top Comment

Works every time. Just wipe wet hands over the faucet arm, onion or garlic smell is gone.
GG Vi

More Solutions

To get the onion smell off your hands, rinse them in white vinegar. There will be no trace of onion.

After cutting onions or garlic, use a tomato to wash your hands (it doesn't have to be immediately). Some people say minty toothpaste does the job, but it's never worked for me.

Want the quickest and easiest way to get the smell of onion, chives and garlic off your hands?

11 Questions

How can I get rid of onion smell from my hands?

By Linda M.

Answers

Bronze Request Medal for All Time! 65 Requests
Best Answer

Just run your hands under cold running water while using a stainless steel spoon at the same time and wipe the spoon and running water all over your hands where the smell is. Works like a charm.

Answer this Question

Want the quickest and easiest way to get the smell of onion, chives and garlic off your hands? Simply rub your fingers on anything stainless steel (the smooth blade of your kitchen cleaver, sharpening rod, or the side of a pan).

The smell is gone quickly and efficiently and no mess to clean up.

I have used salt to remove onion and garlic odors from my hands over the years, but you can also use stainless steel!

What is the best soap or hand sanitizer to get rid of the smell of onion off your hands?

How do you remove garlic smell from your hands after cooking?

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

Tip for remove garlic and onion odors from your hands.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsOctober 19, 2016
🍂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Onion-and-Garlic-Smell-From-Hands.html