Getting Onion Odor Off Your Hands

I know this will sound ridiculously silly to some, but if you have ever thought about buying those stainless still things that are shaped like bars of soap that say they get rid of the onion smell on your hands, here is a simpler way to do it.

I have a stainless steel sink. I wet my hands and rub them all around the sink, even splitting my my fingers and running them across the center divider of my sinks. Then I wash with regular soap and water and the onion smell is gone. If you don't have a stainless steel sink, use the back of a stainless spoon to rub and "wash" the smell off of your hands. Wash with soap and rinse. The metal pulls the odor out of your skin.

By diane szlucha from Owego, NY

Top Comment

Works every time. Just wipe wet hands over the faucet arm, onion or garlic smell is gone.
GG Vi

It is not necessary to go to all that trouble. A simple wash under cold water will take it right off. Just cold water.

This is a great idea! I find the onion smell lingers for ages.

An even more simple way to get onion smell off your hands is to cup your hand and pour salt into the palm, put a dab of water on it and rub your hands together as if washing them, rinse and your hands smell great! Learned this trick from 30 years working in food service.

Really cool idea, never heard of it before.

Not silly at all, it works great. Also works well for garlic smell on hands. Can't get any cheaper than using your own sink or cutlery!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsOctober 9, 2011
🌻
🎂
📓