Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Acrylic Nails

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Red Acrylic Nails

There are some easy steps you can follow to remove your acrylic nails painlessly. This is a guide about removing acrylic nails.

Here are questions related to Removing Acrylic Nails.

Question: Life After Acrylic Nails

I just removed my salon acrylic nails and my nails are thin and weak and rough. Any suggestions to help repair them?

By Rose from Indianapolis, IN

Most Recent Answer

By susanmahtesian03/24/2013

I was a nurse so I had to keep my nails short. My exhusband was a complete fingernail fiend. That pig would stare at any women even if she was fat, old or ugly. If she had beautiful long nails he would go gaga. I divorced him and my nails have ridges. I thought acrylic nails would help our marriage. I do not have a marriage or pretty nails anymore.

Question: Removing Broken Acrylic Nail

My acrylic nail has snapped and so has my nail halfway down! It is very painful and I don't know how to get it off as soaking it in nail varnish remover is obviously very painful too. Can anyone give me advice at all?

By Katherine B

Most Recent Answer

By kateandant03/11/2014

I have done the exact same thing once last week and I put a plaster over it and let my nail grow until the end fell off. I've now done it again more than halfway down my nail and can't possibly live for two weeks with this awful pain or longer even. So I need help too. But maybe the plaster thing will work for you!!

Question: Removing Acrylic Nails

For 1 year, my fake nail has been over my own nail. The doctor said it will grow out, but it has been a year. It is nasty looking. My friend said go to another doctor and see about having my finger numbed around the area and cut cuticle and separate the fake nail and my own nail. The fake nail seems to be under cuticle. Help.

By Pam from Hamilton, OH

Most Recent Answer

By cdoss [10]08/16/2010

Is it acrylic? If so, you just soak it in acetone nail polish remover and it will disolve. If it's not acrylic, please post more detail. Also, I can't understand how an artificail nail could still be under the cuticle after a year. When I had acrylic nails, I had to go get them filled in every 2 weeks because they would grow out.

Question: Removing an Acrylic Overlay

What is an easy and safe way to remove an acrylic overlay over natural nails?

By Lisa from Fort Wayne, IN

Most Recent Answer

By Elaine S. [39]05/26/2013

I have to agree with everyone who said it ruined their nails. Mine were thin and weak to begin with but now they split vertically so much that I can not even begin to grow them out. I wish I never would have started with them. It has been about 15 years since I used them and if I had it to do over, I wouldn't do it. When they were removed, there was bleeding under my own nail!

Question: Residue After Removing Acrylic Nails

I am not able to get acrylic product off my fingers. When attempting to remove acrylic nails by soaking as usual, it appears this product only dissolved enough to spread all around the cuticle and entire finger. I have searched everywhere and cannot find any similar situations. I have applied and removed acrylics many times, but this one product is the only one I have ever had this problem with.

I have tried more than once to soak, but it doesn't seem to remove the product, it just spreads and hardens again. In good lighting and magnified, you can see what appears to be a yellow, shiny product. It appears that the product is still covering the entire nail, leaving this shiny yellow coloring. I have attached a picture. Can someone please help me?

By Renee from Provo, UT

Most Recent Answer

By MattGreen09/18/2012

I found this article...may help

http://www.123healthynails.com/Removing-Acrylic-Nails-s/43.htm

Question: Removing Bio Gel Nails

I currently have these bio gel nails which are the best quality nails on the market as they let your nail breathe and do not damage them, but they are expensive. I need to look professional for work and since my own nails aren't very strong and I am not good at doing my nails these are perfect and look incredible. I must say I am very happy with them.

The problem is, I will be done on my work contract in a couple of months which means I will not have money for the upkeep, but I do admit I love this new french manicure look. I would like to know if anyone knows how to remove these bio gel nails (I saw information on acrylic nails on here, but I don't have those and I imagine the process is different).

Also, what can I do to have an inexpensive french manicure look? I have seen fake nails at the drugstore and wondered if those would look as good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By Lisa from Halifax, NS

Most Recent Answer

By Ivette Farah [1]11/19/2009

What are bio gel nails?

Solutions: Removing Acrylic Nails

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!