Removing Blood Stains on Carpet

Blood stains can be a challenge to remove without damaging the carpet dye. This is a guide about removing blood stains on carpet.

hydrogen peroxide cleaner
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

My son was killed in my car. The Sheriff's Department gave me my car back, but I can see the blood of my son on my carpet. It has been 2 years.

By June from West Palm Beach, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am sorry that your son was killed. That is more than a tragedy. Try using hydrogen peroxide on the blood and then wash with vinegar.

Read More Answers...

How can I remove really dark stains from tan carpet? Some are from milk and some were from when my Dad was ill and got blood on it.

By BLW from Anderson, IN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yup, the hydrogen peroxide works on blood. Use a 50/50 solution with warm water, sprinkle a little salt on the stain after spritzing, rub with cloth and voila!

Read More Answers...

What is the easiest way to get blood stains out of a carpet?

By Cindy Lou from OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Spot Shot! I love it! I use it on carpet stains and laundry stains. It takes old stains out too. Peroxide is good also, but Spot Shot doesn't require the blotting and reapplication.

Read More Answers...

How do I remove dried blood from carpet?

By Linda from AZ

Feedback

Blood Stain on Carpet

Linda, I had the same problem and used a product called Spot Shot. You can find it at WalMart and I see small cans of it in Dollar stores. This stuff is really good and now I always keep a can around. Spray some on and dab the spot. It's almost like the stain rises to the top. It worked for me. Hope you have the same luck! (02/28/2011)

By maryeruth

Blood Stain on Carpet

Pour on the peroxide. Test in area that will now show. If it does not stain the carpet, use peroxide and rub it in. Take a clean cloth and rub more until the stain is out. Great for clothing, too. (02/28/2011)

By Karyn01

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What is the best method for cleaning a large amount of dried blood from light carpet?

By Les

Answers:

Blood Stain on Carpet

Oxiclean and cold water really does work even on light carpet. Just dab it on and let it set for a minute. Then take a paper towel and blot it dry. We have light blue carpet and the Oxiclean brought it back to its normal shade of blue. (12/03/2010)

By Dawnab

Blood Stain on Carpet

It really works! Just use the edge of your vacuum cleaner on the dried blood and it comes off without leaving a mark! Brilliant, and when you think about it, it is perfectly logical.
Thanks so much to the person who suggested this! (01/06/2011)

By plonky

Blood Stain on Carpet

The salt and hydrogen peroxide method works amazingly well (see earlier posts). Sprinkle table salt on the spot, spray with a 50/50 ratio of cold water and hydrogen peroxide, let sit for a minute or so and rub out with a rag. Voila! (02/16/2011)

By dreamwvr

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My daughter's cat just had unplanned surgery and she is bleeding from her butt. She is in a new apartment and is concerned about getting blood out of carpet should it happen. Any suggestions would be helpful.

By Barbara from OH

Answers:

Blood Stain on Carpet

Dab hydrogen peroxide on the spots with a cotton ball. Dab, don't rub! I gave an injured dog a ride to the vet in my beige velvety cushioned car, blood everywhere! The vet staff gave me this hint and it got every bit out. Yes, it took time, but no blood stains. Good luck to your daughter and kitty. (09/23/2010)

By tahloolabelle

Blood Stain on Carpet

Just pour on a little bit of hydrogen peroxide onto the carpet/blood stain, wait a few minutes and blot dry with a wash cloth. (09/25/2010)

By Deeshep

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do you remove dried blood stains from a beige colored carpet?

By Diane from Abbottstown, PA

Answers:

Blood Stain on Carpet

Try hydrogen peroxide. That's how we get it out of our uniforms. (05/17/2010)

By hcannon

Blood Stain on Carpet

I had dried human blood drops all over the carpet. At least 100 drops. You will need container of diluted dishsoap water solution (maybe a half teaspoon soap for 3 cups water), water sprayer, and small wet/dry vacuum. With the solution, wet down stain thoroughly with water sprayer bottle. About 30 seconds to a minute later, dip a half paper towel into the soapy water, squeeze about 2 tablespoons soapy water onto the blood drop. Let set for about a minute. Massage into carpet with fingers for about 15-30 seconds. Add about 10 spays of water. Massage again for about 10 seconds. Vacuum up. That's it. Since I had so many, I finally discovered that this formula did it on most drops. Adding the water at the end provides additional liquid for the blood to flow through into the vacuum. For big drops, maybe a little more massage work. Honestly, I was quite surprised that this worked so well. (07/17/2010)

By pecarino

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How can I get blood out of my cream wool carpet? My dog Meg is in heat.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do you remove dried blood from carpet?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I cut my finger several weeks ago and blood got on my carpet. I have used a shampoo machine, also Resolve, but the stain still remains.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetJanuary 31, 2013
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 27, 2016 at 1:59:45 PM on 10.0.2.159 in 924 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.