Browsing: Cleaning Blood Stains on Carpet

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Cleaning Blood Stains on Carpet

Blood stains can be a challenge to remove without damaging the carpet dye. This is a guide about cleaning blood stains on carpet.

hydrogen peroxide cleaner
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 27, 2015 Flag

My son was killed in my car. The Sheriff's Department gave me my car back, but I can see the blood of my son on my carpet. It has been 2 years.

By June from West Palm Beach, FL

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Is there any way you can trade in this car for another one? There is no way you need to be still driving the car your son was killed in. This has got to be affecting you psychologically.

I am sorry that your son was killed. That is more than a tragedy. Try using hydrogen peroxide on the blood and then wash with vinegar.

June 20, 2011 Flag

How can I remove really dark stains from tan carpet? Some are from milk and some were from when my Dad was ill and got blood on it.

By BLW from Anderson, IN

I'm not sure about milk but I've found an easy way to get blood out of things. I've used hydrogen peroxide to remove blood from furniture. I'm sure it would work with carpets too. I just pour a little on and let it bubble. Then I dab it up with an absorbant cloth (I use old cloth diapers left over from when my children were little). Depending on the size of the spot, it may take a few pours of the H2O2 to get it done.

Good Luck

Brandy from Missouri

You could also try white vinegar. I found that it removed wine stains from my carpets.

Yup, the hydrogen peroxide works on blood. Use a 50/50 solution with warm water, sprinkle a little salt on the stain after spritzing, rub with cloth and voila!

April 4, 2011 Flag

What is the easiest way to get blood stains out of a carpet?

By Cindy Lou from OH

3% volume hydrogen peroxide (the kind you buy at the pharmacy in a brown bottle). Pour a little bit on the spots, allow to set a couple of minutes and then press with a slightly damp cloth. Repeat if neccessary until the stain is removed. Be sure to test for color fastness in an inconspicous portion of carpet first though!

Spot Shot! I love it! I use it on carpet stains and laundry stains. It takes old stains out too. Peroxide is good also, but Spot Shot doesn't require the blotting and reapplication.

April 4, 2011 Flag

How do I remove dried blood from carpet?

By Linda from AZ

Feedback

Blood Stain on Carpet

Linda, I had the same problem and used a product called Spot Shot. You can find it at WalMart and I see small cans of it in Dollar stores. This stuff is really good and now I always keep a can around. Spray some on and dab the spot. It's almost like the stain rises to the top. It worked for me. Hope you have the same luck! (02/28/2011)

By maryeruth

Blood Stain on Carpet

Pour on the peroxide. Test in area that will now show. If it does not stain the carpet, use peroxide and rub it in. Take a clean cloth and rub more until the stain is out. Great for clothing, too. (02/28/2011)

By Karyn01

February 27, 2011 Flag

What is the best method for cleaning a large amount of dried blood from light carpet?

By Les

Answers:

Blood Stain on Carpet

Oxiclean and cold water really does work even on light carpet. Just dab it on and let it set for a minute. Then take a paper towel and blot it dry. We have light blue carpet and the Oxiclean brought it back to its normal shade of blue. (12/03/2010)

By Dawnab

Blood Stain on Carpet

It really works! Just use the edge of your vacuum cleaner on the dried blood and it comes off without leaving a mark! Brilliant, and when you think about it, it is perfectly logical.
Thanks so much to the person who suggested this! (01/06/2011)

By plonky

Blood Stain on Carpet

The salt and hydrogen peroxide method works amazingly well (see earlier posts). Sprinkle table salt on the spot, spray with a 50/50 ratio of cold water and hydrogen peroxide, let sit for a minute or so and rub out with a rag. Voila! (02/16/2011)

By dreamwvr

November 29, 2010 Flag

My daughter's cat just had unplanned surgery and she is bleeding from her butt. She is in a new apartment and is concerned about getting blood out of carpet should it happen. Any suggestions would be helpful.

By Barbara from OH

Answers:

Blood Stain on Carpet

Dab hydrogen peroxide on the spots with a cotton ball. Dab, don't rub! I gave an injured dog a ride to the vet in my beige velvety cushioned car, blood everywhere! The vet staff gave me this hint and it got every bit out. Yes, it took time, but no blood stains. Good luck to your daughter and kitty. (09/23/2010)

By tahloolabelle

Blood Stain on Carpet

Just pour on a little bit of hydrogen peroxide onto the carpet/blood stain, wait a few minutes and blot dry with a wash cloth. (09/25/2010)

By Deeshep

September 23, 2010 Flag

How do you remove dried blood stains from a beige colored carpet?

By Diane from Abbottstown, PA

Answers:

Blood Stain on Carpet

Try hydrogen peroxide. That's how we get it out of our uniforms. (05/17/2010)

By hcannon

Blood Stain on Carpet

I had dried human blood drops all over the carpet. At least 100 drops. You will need container of diluted dishsoap water solution (maybe a half teaspoon soap for 3 cups water), water sprayer, and small wet/dry vacuum. With the solution, wet down stain thoroughly with water sprayer bottle. About 30 seconds to a minute later, dip a half paper towel into the soapy water, squeeze about 2 tablespoons soapy water onto the blood drop. Let set for about a minute. Massage into carpet with fingers for about 15-30 seconds. Add about 10 spays of water. Massage again for about 10 seconds. Vacuum up. That's it. Since I had so many, I finally discovered that this formula did it on most drops. Adding the water at the end provides additional liquid for the blood to flow through into the vacuum. For big drops, maybe a little more massage work. Honestly, I was quite surprised that this worked so well. (07/17/2010)

By pecarino

May 17, 2010 Flag

How can I get blood out of my cream wool carpet? My dog Meg is in heat.

April 9, 2010 Flag

How do you remove dried blood from carpet?

October 5, 2009 Flag

I cut my finger several weeks ago and blood got on my carpet. I have used a shampoo machine, also Resolve, but the stain still remains.

October 8, 2006 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetJanuary 31, 2013
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 26, 2016 at 8:17:56 PM on 10.0.0.143 in 666 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.