Removing Burnt Food Smell from House

Not only did dinner burn, now the house smells of burnt food. This is a guide about removing burnt food smell from house.

Burnt Food
Filter Sort

Question: Burnt Smell in a House

By John Pasquinzo 1

I had a pot roast burn in the oven really badly. When I got home the stove was billowing smoke and now the house smells really bad. We are using air scrubbers and it seems to be helping at this time. Even inside the cupboards stink. What should we do for this?

By John

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Pamela 3 33 Flag

Go to the store and get you some charcol and vinegar. Use some old tupperware and pour vinegar, about half full and place them all over your house. Lay charcol brinks in your cabinets behind things and like under your bed. Also, coffee will absorb odors as well. Works well for us. Didn't believe it at first but you can really tell a difference in a couple of days. Hope this helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Rotten Potato Smell in Garage

By Carol H. 2 2

I've moved into a condo with detached garage. The previous tenants seem to have used the garage as a potato/veggie storage. The garage's semi-finished walls and cement floor smell like old stored/rotten potatoes. The landlady tried everything to get the smell out, but now with high temperatures and humidity the smell is in full force. The interior of my car and trunk are starting to stink.

Any ideas to clean this foul odor out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By DCA 4 1,344 Flag

Your landlady is ultimately legally responsible for removing the smell. If she or you are not successful, you have the choice of breaking your rental agreement/lease without any financial responsibilities and moving (as painful as moving again will be!).

Good Luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Burnt Food Smell

I burned some meat and caused a lot of smoke. How can I get rid of this smell?

By Ruth Q

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Litter Gitter 155 568 Flag

Pour white vinegar into a pot and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer until the odor in your house is gone.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Removing a Burnt Food Smell from House

I put some chicken in to boil and it burned in the pan. How can I get the smell out of the house?

By Mary

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Litter Gitter 155 568 Flag

Put some white vinegar in a pan and add about the same amount of water. Bring it to a boil and then let it simmer. The vinegar odor will help to remove the other odor and make your house smell fresher.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Getting Rid of Burnt Pan Smell in Kitchen

By Richard Maddock 3 1

I left a pan on the stove with the remains of a leg of lamb which burnt dry for 2 hours. How can I get rid of the smell?

By Richard M

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

By Richard Maddock 3 1

By Richard M

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsMarch 12, 2013
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    Burnt Cookie Sheet
    Cleaning Burnt Cookie Sheets
    Removing Burnt Popcorn Smell and Stains from a Microwave
    Fixing Burnt Sausage
    Fixing Burnt Sausage
    Man with Burnt Cookies
    Getting Rid of Smoke Odors From Cooking
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:03:22 AM on 10.0.1.78 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings