Removing Burnt Smell From Microwave

How do I get rid of burnt popcorn smell from the microwave?

Patti from Chickasha, OK

Answers:

Removing Burnt Smell From Microwave

My husband, the service tech, told me that you take a Pyrex container and fill it with water. Put it in the microwave and let it come to a boil. Let it boil for about 5 or 10 minutes, watching very carefully that it does not boil dry. This will let the fan motor circulate out the burnt smell. Make sure after you're done to clean out the microwave. (02/25/2009)

By DEBRADJ.

Removing Burnt Smell From Microwave

Everybody will scream when I write this but it worked for me! Go to the Dollar General and pick up one of those spray bottles of cleaner with bleach. Spray inside the microwave and let it sit for a few minutes. Wipe it out several times and let the door stand open til dry. Worked for me! And I read somewhere that after bleach sits for awhile like 24 hours that the bleach neutralizes and turns to water anyway. So you know good and well after wiping it clean 3 or 4 times, the bleach isn't gonna be there anyway!

(02/25/2009)

By CindyM56

Removing Burnt Smell From Microwave

Cut up a lemon and place in a bowl with some water. Cook til water boils and let set in the microwave til cool. The smell will be totally gone. Janette (02/26/2009)

By ashleybunkin

Removing Burnt Smell From Microwave
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Burnt Food
Removing Burnt Food Smell from House
Removing Burnt Popcorn Smell and Stains from a Microwave
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
🎉
🎄