Removing Yellow Stains from Inside a Microwave

I burnt up plastic in my microwave. Now the walls are yellow and I cannot get rid of the horrid smell.

By CARRIE1964 from San Marcos, CA

Answers

I used acetone (from nail polish remover) right after I burnt the popcorn in the microwave..and it did the job!

I read all of these above and thought about getting some Acetone or Cutex. But, I keep Goof Off on hand. Goof Off will damage many plastics, but, the damage is usually limited to that of softening some of the color off non-white plastics. Since the original color of the inside of my 16 year old microwave that I've had for 15 years is white, and tonight, stained yellow, it shouldn't matter what Goof Off does. I tried it on a small area and it immediately cut through the yellow without hurting anything else. So I proceeded with it. Goof Off worked! My 16 year old microwave looks almost like new with a nice and clean white interior. Didn't need to leave it on for more than 30 seconds, and kept clean white paper towels in hand to keep the Goof Off any other plastics of a non-white color.

Easy-off oven cleaner. Awful stains came off after about 30 minutes of soaking.

Where can I buy Goof Off to remove yellow stain from inside of microwave walls?

I tried using goof off and it does not work!

You are a genius!!! We purchased Goof Off and Acetone. The Goof Off worked like a charm and then we used Acetone. Thank you for taking the time to inform the public !!!!

Ace Hardware

I burned a bag of popcorn in my microwave and it left a yellow stain. I put non acetone nail polish remover in a small spray bottle sprayed the surfaces and wiped away with a paper towel. It did the job and it's back to its original white color.

Anonymous

Don't leave oven cleaner on for more then 10min it will take the coating off and rust the metal, found out the hard way

Can i use goof off for badly burnt all over my microwave its almost orange

Sorry it didnt do it for you...It worked perfectly in mine!

Answer this Question

I burnt popcorn in the microwave, the smell is gone but the inside is yellow. What can I use to make it white again?

I am writing to thank the person who said acetone free nail polish remover would remove the yellow stain in my microwave oven left after seriously burning a bag of microwave popcorn. She was absolutely right on.

In These Pages
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesMay 12, 2016
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf477356.tip.html