Removing Candle Wax From Clothing

How do you remove candle wax from a pair of jeans? I scraped what I could off then washed it, but it's still there.

By Cowgirl from Conroe, TX

Removing Candle Wax From Clothing

I have done this with great success:

Place several layers of paper towel over the wax and use a medium iron to melt and remove the wax. The paper towel will draw the wax upward into itself, so make sure you have separated the front from the back of the shirt so you don't spread the melting wax downward. Change the paper towels as needed and make sure your iron is cleaned off when you are done.

I don't know if you are dealing with color issues (i.e. red wax on white), so the wax may come out, but the dye may leave a stain. After the wax is out I would try a trusted non-bleach treatment, but until the wax is out the red will remain. Good luck! (12/31/2009)

By cherbear49908

Removing Candle Wax From Clothing

Try putting an old t-shirt over the wax spot and ironing with a hot dry iron on the shirt. It should pull some of the wax up into the shirt. Repeat. (01/01/2010)

A green candle that is burning.
Cleaning Wax from Clothing
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
girl with braces
Removing Braces Wax Stains
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Using Leftover Candle Wax, Melted Candles
Using Leftover Candle Wax