Removing Candle Wax from Jars

When a candle has been burned and all that is left is the stubborn candle wax on the sides, just pop the jar in the freezer for about an hour and when you take it out, it will pop right out. You can now reuse the jar for a little candy jar as a gift or make another candle.

Answers:

Removing Candle Wax from Jars

I had two beautiful empty candle jars that I wanted to use as candy jars. They were glass, but I was never able to remove the candle fragrance from them. Even after soaking in Clorox, the fragrance returned as soon as the bleach smell faded. I decided they wouldn't work as food containers. (11/26/2004)

By Barb

Removing Candle Wax from Jars

Just the other day I wanted to remove the wax from a glass heart shaped dish. I put it in the microwave for a few seconds (about 10-12 )and it came right out. After I washed it with antibacterial soap, I put it in the dishwasher. If you still have fragrance try putting warm vinegar in the container and let stand. Then pour that out and make a paste of baking soda and wash it with that. That should take care of it. (01/02/2006)

By Great Granny Vi

Removing Candle Wax from Jars

As to removing labels Goo Gone works. Then wash and rinse well. (01/02/2006)

By Great Granny Vi

Removing Candle Wax from Jars

Soak the label with lighter fluid (Naptha), let sit for a few minutes. Most labels come off with light scrapping from a piece of plastic. Wipe clean with a paper towel and wash again in soap and water. (02/05/2006)

By Giff

Removing Candle Wax from Jars

This site was very helpful. After freezing these small glass candle holders with melted wax, the wax did not pop out as before; so I placed them in the microwave for less than a minute, took a knife and popped them out.
Thank you. (01/04/2009)

By Joy G.

Removing Candle Wax from Jars
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
candle
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Using Leftover Candle Wax, Melted Candles
Using Leftover Candle Wax
🎄