Removing Car Grease Stains From Clothing

How can I remove car grease from clothes. I work in a auto garage.

Brad from OH

Answers:

Be careful if you use Crisco vegetable shorting. It works great, but if you let it sit you will have the grease out, but huge discolorations where the spots used to be. Just ask my husband. He tried this idea and thinking that the longer the better. It's not always the best. (08/20/2006)

By

My daughter just found a large black grease stain, from our car, on a white nylon jacket. She used Oxi Clean Laundry Stain Remover Spray, and scrubbed it with a paper towel. To our relief, the grease is completely gone. (01/19/2007)

By Mary

My son's cream cargo pants were covered in bike oil splashes, nothing removed it except good old household soap, it really does work. (04/25/2007)

By whitey39

Spray grease stains with WD-40. It will "loosen" and reactivate the oils.

Let it sit a bit, then apply Dawn dish soap to break up the grease, work it in, rinse, then launder as usual. (06/30/2007)

By TheyGrewAgain

I was told to try the can of Coke in my son's uniforms (auto oil and grease), however it was unsuccessful. (02/01/2008)

By Liz37388

My kids just got car grease on their jackets. I went a bit nuts when I saw it. Then I looked it up to see what can I do to remove it. All I did was dishwashing soap and baking soda, also a bit of Shout. Work them in a paste and scrub with toothbrush, it's all gone. (02/22/2008)

By Grace

MeanGreen works awesomely, too. Removes car grease, food stains, diesel smoke, diesel fuel, nastiness from steel mills, and anything else you can possibly imagine. Anything that a truck driver can possibly bring dragging home it removes it, trust me. He had all kinds of stains in his clothes until I discovered spraying the clothes with MeanGreen works wonders. (02/29/2008)

By Danielle

I guess it might depend on the kind of grease stain as I just tried using vegetable oil without any luck. But my "Tough on Grease" dish washing up liquid worked a treat. Thanks. (07/05/2008)

By Tennille

Woman removing a Grease stain.
Removing Grease (Oil) Stains from Clothing
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
person in t-shirt pouring food oil in bowl
Cleaning Food Oil Stains from T-Shirts
Woman in white lace shirt gazing down
Removing Grease Stains on Lace Clothing
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎉
🎄