Removing Dye That Transferred in the Wash

A brown shirt faded on several pieces of laundry. I have not dried the load yet. What can I do?

By Shelley

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

There are dye "catching" cloths you can purchase in a lot of stores now. By now it is probably dry and you can't do much about it though. One time I was doing a load of whites and missed something dark. When I saw the water I threw the cloth in and it captured the dye. The clothes came out perfectly fine. You might want to keep them on hand.

Picture of a red striped shirt in a washer.
Removing Dye Transfers from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMay 24, 2011
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 6:43:49 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.