Removing Fish Smell From Laundry

My Husband got fish oil on his shorts while he was fishing. I put the shorts in the laundry and now my whole load stinks. Help!

Kim from Florida

Answers:

Removing Fish Smell From Laundry

Vinegar or baking soda combo will help. Good Luck. (05/23/2005)

By meoowmom

Removing Fish Smell From Laundry

I am having the same problem with the fish oils on clothes. Try soaking them in lemon juice before washing them. I know the lemon juice takes the smell off your hands. (08/23/2005)

By Amy C.

Removing Fish Smell from Carpet

I'd try lemon juice, let it dry, then baking soda after that. You can buy bottled lemon juice or squeeze your own. Don't use any with sugar in it or it will make the rug sticky. (10/12/2005)

By Susan from ThriftyFun

Removing Fish Smell From Laundry

My son put a fish oil capsule in his pocket (omega 3). The smell is horrible. I used Mr. Clean antibacterial (about a cup), and soaked it over night. That finally did it. (01/24/2006)

By kayce

Removing Fish Smell From Laundry

I came to this site looking for advice to get that fish smell out of silk shirts. I have been a previous victum of the "smell". On limited time and a need for action, this is what my wife and I did. First we sprayed the shirt with Fabreze, next we washed it in Wisk Detergent, third we sprayed it with Fabreze again and let it dry for 1/2 hour. When I wore the shirt it did not smell like fish or Fabreze. Just posting this because it was simple, quick, and maybe it will help someone else too. (06/15/2006)

By Roadrunner

Removing Fish Smell From Laundry

I had a fish oil capsule break apart in my pants pocket. After reading all the posts here, here's how I got the stink out: Go out and get a gallon of plain vinegar. Put the smelly clothes in your washer on LOW water level setting, warm water wash. Use laundrey detergent with plenty (about 1 - 2 cups) vinegar. Same amount in rinse. Repeat until smell is gone. Should be gone after 2 cycles. You should have some vinegar left over! (09/14/2006)

By frk040

Several fish oil capsules.
Cleaning Fish Oil From Clothing and Linens
Fish Buying Tips
Fish Buying Tips
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Frying Fish Sticks
Homemade Fish Stick Recipes
🎉
🎄