Cleaning Fish Oil From Clothing and Linens

Several fish oil capsules.To get fish oil out of clothes, first treat the oil with Dawn dish detergent. Let it sit over night and then wash. Air dry and repeat if necessary. Then treat the smell with pet stain remover. I used Nature's Miracle.

Note: As stated on the product, the drying process is where the chemical reaction takes place, so treat the area with the product and let air dry. Repeat if necessary. Give a final wash when the smell is gone!

By geralee Wood from Wayne, PA

My ever inquisitive son must have opened a fish-oil capsule on his jeans, which I have washed twice and dried once. They still stink. How can I get rid of this smell?

By Sandy Gerber from WI

Answers

Try spraying it with Febreeze?

I've ground in baking soda, rinsed it in vinegar, soaked it in Salt water twice, soaked it in dawn, twice, put it in the wash with detergent, heavily scented fabric softner and borax, twice. I was curious and tried spraying it to dripping wet with lysol spray, then I accidentally hit it with lemon pledge be cause the yellow cans were together and I grabbed it unintentionally.

The smell is weakened but, still strong.

What's left but pet cleaner for fabric (I may have already and forgot ), fresh lemon with vinegar, bleach then trash... It's just a favorited item and, bleach in the spots may look cool!

Anonymous

Wash clothes with
Ammonia

Anonymous

My husband had fish oil pills in his pocket and it made all the clothes stink!! I read these comments and washed a load with 1/2 of vinegar, then washed again with 1/4 bac-out, then washed again with gain and the smell is gone!!!

Answer this Question

I have a fish smell that I can't get out of a black sweat shirt. Does vinegar ruin the color? It is black with a blue and white motif.

Long story short: my beagle ate a bunch of fish oil capsules and, fortunately for her health, she threw them up on my bed.

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Home and Garden Cleaning FabricMay 17, 2016
🍂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Fish-Oil-From-Clothing-and-Linens.html