Removing Food Stains From Clothing

Soup Stain on Shirt
Certain food stains can prove very difficult to remove from clothing. This is a guide about removing food stains from clothing.

My son has a cream colored sweater with old food stains on it. I've tried Resolve and Shout to remove the stain, but nothing works. Does anyone have some suggestions that might work? I thought about having the sweater airbrushed to cover the 3 spots, I hate to throw it away.

By Quietstorm1176 from Brooklyn, NY

Answers

Try a Tide stain stick. I've found it very good on stains. When you use it scrub it in with an old tooth brush. You might also try one of the others again but put them in a small bowl and let the shirt soak in it. Scrub it occasionally with a tooth brush but let the stuff really get into it.

If the sweater is washable, make a solution of 1 cup powdered dish washer detergent and warm water in a bucket. Make sure that it is deep enough to cover the sweater. Submerge the sweater and leave at least over night. 2 days' soak is even better. Wash as usual. I have used this on baby food stained bibs and clothing, and it has worked well. If you don't have a dishwasher, the el cheapo detergent from the dollar store will work.

How about stenciling designs on top of the spots? It will definitely make a new sweater for you. Laine

I spilled soup on my sweatshirt and I used a stain stick, but after washing the stains are still noticeable. Is there any other cleaner I can use on this sweatshirt?

By betes51

I have used liquid Cascade to successfully remove stubborn stains.