Removing Primer Stains on Clothing

Category Cleaning
It is easy to get paint stains on clothing when working on a painting project. Removing them will depend on whether the paint primer is water or oil based. This is a page about removing primer stains on clothing.

How do you get primer out of clothes?

By Keely

How can I remove Kilz paint primer from my cotton Dickie pants?

By ed

What can I use from around the house to get paint primer (white) out of sweat pants?

By Patti

How do you remove primer paint from a shirt?

By peggy

I let my friend borrow a sweatshirt that I had bought in R.I, she was painting with primer and was worried about getting it on her clothes. The man she was with told her that the primer would come out and she didn't need to worry. Unfortunately, the primer did not come out and I am stuck with white splotches all over my red hoodie. It's been dry for about 2 weeks. Will anything take it out?

Taylor from Vermont

Answers:

Primer Stains on Clothing

Is the primer water based or oil based? If it is water based, you might try hair conditioner or liquid fabric softener. I have heard that soaking paint brushes in either of these two will soften the paint to the point of removal. I would suggest you let the item soak in either product for at least over night. Then gently rub the stained areas, rinse and repeat the gentle rubbing. If the stain is still there, soak again and repeat the next day. You may even try gently scrubbing the stains after soaking, with a nail brush. Good luck. (06/08/2007)

By lesley

Primer Stains on Clothing

Rubbing alcohol and some elbow grease. (06/08/2007)

By GoodAndCheap

Home and Garden CleaningMarch 26, 2019
🍂
🎄