Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

How do I get grease splatters out of a shirt?

By Cheryl

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

I'd try Dawn dishwashing liquid first. Let it set and then use a toothbrush to get rid of the stain.

If you can buy a product called "Lestoil" go for it; it works great on grease stains.

This one probably won't help you much, but I used to use Safeguard white bar soap to get axle grease out of clothing and hats. Try it.

Try using shampoo; a clear kind not a kind with conditioners. It's made to cut grease.

Good luck! (06/10/2010)

By metroplex

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Try Cascade dishwashing granules, rub them in, then wash as usual. (06/14/2010)

By mollyring

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

I have good luck using Go Jo or Goop found in the automotive department at Wal-Mart. Rub some in the spot and leave for about 5 or 10 minutes and then wash as usual. Good luck. (06/15/2010)

By Angel Lady

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Castille soap. It's awesome. I had a dark t-shirt with some old grease stains that I thought was destined for rag-hood, and then I remembered castille soap, it effortlessly removed oil-paints and bicycle-grease from hands. Anyway, I rubbed some into the grease splotches, waited a day, and then just washed it in the laundry as usual. Magic, those splotches came out. Even better, castille soap is all-natural, and it's known to have a tremendous amount of uses (even as toothpaste!). You can get it at any health food store. Good luck! (07/07/2010)

By isha13

Woman removing a Grease stain.
Removing Grease (Oil) Stains from Clothing
Steam cleaning Upholstery
Removing Grease Stain on Upholstery
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
person in t-shirt pouring food oil in bowl
Cleaning Food Oil Stains from T-Shirts
Woman in white lace shirt gazing down
Removing Grease Stains on Lace Clothing