Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

How do I get grease splatters out of a shirt?

By Cheryl

Answers:

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

I'd try Dawn dishwashing liquid first. Let it set and then use a toothbrush to get rid of the stain.

If you can buy a product called "Lestoil" go for it; it works great on grease stains.

This one probably won't help you much, but I used to use Safeguard white bar soap to get axle grease out of clothing and hats. Try it.

Try using shampoo; a clear kind not a kind with conditioners. It's made to cut grease.

Good luck! (06/10/2010)

By metroplex

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Try Cascade dishwashing granules, rub them in, then wash as usual. (06/14/2010)

By mollyring

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

I have good luck using Go Jo or Goop found in the automotive department at Wal-Mart. Rub some in the spot and leave for about 5 or 10 minutes and then wash as usual. Good luck. (06/15/2010)

By Angel Lady

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Castille soap. It's awesome. I had a dark t-shirt with some old grease stains that I thought was destined for rag-hood, and then I remembered castille soap, it effortlessly removed oil-paints and bicycle-grease from hands. Anyway, I rubbed some into the grease splotches, waited a day, and then just washed it in the laundry as usual. Magic, those splotches came out. Even better, castille soap is all-natural, and it's known to have a tremendous amount of uses (even as toothpaste!). You can get it at any health food store. Good luck! (07/07/2010)

By isha13

Woman removing a Grease stain.
Removing Grease (Oil) Stains from Clothing
A woman looking at a mysterious grease stain on her laundered clothing.
Mysterious Grease Stains on Clothing
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Woman in white lace shirt gazing down
Removing Grease Stains on Lace Clothing
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎉
🎄