Removing Masking Tape From Tinted Windows

After 4 hurricanes, my windows have masking tape Xs. I have window tinting film on the windows so I don't know how to get masking tape off?

Lucinda in FL

Best Answer

I live in NC so I get alot of the hurricanes you get. I use white vinegar and water to get the goop off my windows. About 1/2 and half on the mixture. Hope it helps you.

I don't know how this would work on your tinted windows, but I have to clean rentals and find that people put tape and stickers on windows an appliances. WD40 sprayed on and left a few minutes turns the glue soft and it will slide off with a rag or sponge.

Buy Goo Gone. Really works good on tape and yucky stuff. Rub off with paper towel.

I use WD40 or Lithium spray. It is gone immediately

The WD40 works like perfectly. Great idea since we had taped windows when we thought Rita was moving to Houston""

I have almost the same problem except my windows have "adhesive tape" on them instead of masking tape and they are tinted so I can't use a razor blade. Any suggestions? I've tried WD 40; sorry it doesn't work on "scotch tape". Thanks, sdiegoden

I live in South Georgia and about the tape on windows it has been addressed by the hurricane preparedness program and we were told that taping the windows does nothing more than make the mess spoke of. I know that during the high winds of hurricanes in the past it didn't so I had already stopped using it because of the mess in cleanup.

Windows with a masking tape "x" in the center, for protection.
Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsOctober 1, 2004
Tape on windows.
Cleaning Tape Off Windows
Uses for Masking Tape
Uses for Masking Tape
Masking Tape
Crafts Using Masking Tape
🎉
🎄