Removing Mildew from Wood

Category Mold
Mildew can damage wood and smell up a room faster than you might think. Cleaning up mildew can be very difficult, especially on wood. This is a guide about removing mildew from wood.

I have an old cherry wood dining table that has been in our laundry room for years. I went to get it out and use it, but it had mildew on it. I wiped the midew off with Old English, but the stains are still there. I need help. It was a beautiful table.

By Sharon G.

Not sure if bleach would work or not. Not sure if the bleach would harm the table. We have odors we can't seem to get rid of, don't know who to help find them, may be in the attic, we have wet stains on the ceilings below the attic.

What can I use to remove mildew from a corner of the bedroom wall. It is on the wood. I just don't want to have to remove the entire wood panel covering in my RV. If I do what can I use to replace the wood panel? Something not too expensive please.

Thanks.

By Marsha from Chicago, IL

First check to see if there is a reason for mildew like a broken pipe, leaky roof. Here is a great site for natural cleaning tips, and healthy living, plus ways to help the environment. www.Care2.Com/greenliving/ I have used tree tea oil for mildew on furniture, and even paintings. Tea tree oil can be found at health food stores. A few drops in a spray bottle mixed with water. Spray on and wipe dry with a clean cloth. This can be toxic to pets so keep them away while spraying, and avoid food and water dishes. Sorry i can't remember the exact amt. But you can find the recipe on this site. Good luck to you.

Anonymous

How do I remove mildew from wood?