Removing Mold from Boat Seats

Category Cleaning
It is not uncommon for boat seats to develop mold. There are things you can do to not only remove the mold but prevent it too. This is a guide about removing mold from boat seats.

The easiest way to remove mold from boat seats is to use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. The mold comes right off. Just rinse and you are done.

By Rita from WI

I have a pontoon boat with lots of vinyl seats. We have recently experienced a new type of mold for us. We live in Mobile, Alabama where there is lots of hot weather and it is very humid. Our vinyl seats has a "purple" mold starting to grow and spread. We are a big believer in "Star Brite", but even this product will not remove the purple mold. Can some please inform me of what type of mold this is and why it is spreading? What can I use to lighten or remove this purple mold from my beautiful cream colored seats?

A diluted bleach solution removes all types of mold.

How do I remove mildew from vinyl boat seats?

By MI Sandi from Indian River, MI

Lysol Spray.

To remove mold from anything, straight vinegar is the best.

I need help getting mold off my boat seats. I have tried bleach, Awesome, 409, and Mean Green. It seems like it is deep in the seats. Please help.

Darlene from MS

Answers:

Removing Mold From Boat Seats

When we had mold develop on our boat seats, we cleaned them in the hot sun with Simple Green and rinsed well and let them dry in the hot Texas sun. Sun bleaches very well, so maybe it will do the trick along with all the products and scrubbing you have already done. Hope it works!

Tina (06/20/2008)

By trbrown22

Removing Mold From Boat Seats

Krud Kutter at Lowe's or Home Depot, about $11 a gallon. It has no fumes, spray on, let it sit for a couple of minutes, wipe off with old towel. This marvelous product removes 99% of the stains/mold/mildew, etc. that I get in my garage. When it rains hard, the garage floods wetting the wallboard. Mold then grows. I simply spray the area and let it sit and soak in. Mold is gone overnight. I also add it to my laundry, gets grass stains off in the wash, on my dog's beds, my pillow cases, sheets, etc. I have severe allergies and this doesn't bother me at all. It even removed the black soot from a light green painted wall and didn't affect the paint. Takes pee from grout. I use nothing else for stains. One can also power wash the vinyl siding on my home and leaves it looking like new. (06/23/2008)

By JoanDogs

RE: Removing Mold From Boat Seats

Removing Mold From Boat Seats

For mold I use white vinegar and baking soda; sprinkle molded area with baking soda and then cover with a generous amount of white vinegar; let sit for 4 hours then clean as usual; if the mold is heavy it may take two tries; I've used it in the past for outdoor cushion left behind in winter worked great. (06/23/2008)

By Connie

Removing Mold From Boat Seats

I clean houses for a living and the best product I have found is Scrubbing Bubbles. Spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes. It is absolutely fantastic. I love it! I think this may work for you. (06/24/2008)

By busdrivr