Removing Mothball Smell from Furniture

We purchased a wooden chest of drawers at a yard sale. The chest has a very strong smell of mothballs. How do you remove this smell from the chest of drawers?
Answers:
Removing Mothball Smell from Chest 06/10/2002
This just might be worth a try. I know that a refrigerator that has been left closed with or without rotten food in it, can be washed out, then stuff with crumbled newspapers and the door shut. Do this repeatedly with "fresh" newspapers and it is said that the odor will be absorbed. Good luck!
By janethounsell
Removing Mothball Smell from Chest 07/02/2002
Here are a few things you can try. Sprinkle baking soda let it sit in each drawer. Or what I do to make the house smell good is get vanilla extract and mix it with water try 4 ozs water and about a tablespoon of extract in a spray bottle. I spray it on a rag and rub it on the doors in our house or any wood work. Same thing with Downy fabric softener. Also try putting charcoal in the drawers. Maybe one or a combination will work. Good Luck
By lrjk4
Fabreeze 08/04/2002
I bought two l00 year old quilts at a yard sale. They that had musty smell real bad. I sprayed both of them with Fabreeze (found at Wal-Mart or the grocery store in the cleaning section) and hung them over a chair to dry. The musty smell is gone.
By longfarm

Removing Mothball Smell from Furniture
Old couch that smells like mothballs.
Removing Mothball Smell from Furniture
Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
🎄