Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

How do I remove pet urine odor from a carpet?

By John from Tuede

Answers:

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

You could use some "Perrier" water (French sparkling water). Pour it straight on the area, pat with clean piece of fabric. Can be used on any spoil, even vomiting. (03/31/2010)

By OlgaMarie

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

Coffee grounds work. I am so amazed that this actually worked. I am a busy mom with four children and (now) four dogs. My three Pomeranians never had problems pottying in the home, and if they did it was so small I was able to take care of it with just RugDoctors Oxy pet cleaner. I recently got my husband an 18 month old Malamute who was fully house broken, but given his new home he was nervous, didn't pee for over 30 hours and when he did, he decided to urinate in my bedroom (one of two rooms with carpet not hardwood floors).

I tried everything, but the smell wouldn't go away. Lysol, Clorox wipes, 409 (I was desperate), Nature's Mircacle (not saying it doesn't work, I may have not used enough so I'm on the fence whether or not it works), but the smell continued and wouldn't go away. So in reading everyone's comments, I decided to use coffee grounds. My husband couldn't stop laughing at me when I brought the coffee container into the room and told him what I was about to do. He then said "your gonna stain the carpet and it's gonna have a coffee/urine smell to it". Well, he was right about one thing, I managed to stain my carpet, but the smell is gone. With the coffee stain remaining (I have creamed color carpet).

After letting the coffee grounds sit for about 30 minutes, I vacuumed up as much as I could, then used my Bissel steam cleaner (4-5 times, dumped the water out for fresh water til it wasn't discolored), then diluted bleach and soaked a old towel, rang it out, and scrubbed the carpet as hard as I could for about 5-10 minutes, then steam cleaned again. The stain is now gone. My room smelled a little like a clean coffee house, but once the floor dried I could only smell a very light smell of bleach. I hope this helps. Good luck. (04/21/2010)

By mommi_kmimi

RE: Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet