Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

My dog got away from me, we live out by open fields and a river, when he came back I opened the door before i realized and he got skunked. He ran all through the house. I got the smell out of the house but not him. I tried the peroxide, baking soda and liquid soap mix but it didn't really work for me.

Please help,
Tatopickr from Ohio

Answers:

Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

My 2 dogs(lab and Austrialian Shepard) were sprayed by a skunk this morning. Went to the local IGA store who called the vet and recommended the following: 1 small bottle of Dawn 12.6 oz, 1 box of baking soda 16 oz, 1 bottle of hydrogen perioxide 16 oz, mixed in 1/2 gallon of water. I bathed each dog for about 5 minutes and thoroughly rinsed them. It works great with no smell on the dogs or in the house. I washed the dogs outside. This sure beats the tomato juice mess. (08/06/2006)

By Duane Sedoris

Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

Our dogs tried to have a playdate with a skunk, but the skunk did not want to play. We have a German Shepard and a Husky mix. The douche, extra vinegar and water worked great in getting the smell out. I used six bottles on the shepard and eight on the husky. The husky still has a 'very slight' aroma but it was difficult to get his thick course hair completely saturated, especially when they both continued to try and shake it off. (08/07/2006)

By Carla

Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

My brother-in-law's guide dog got sprayed tonight. We used the soap-baking soda-peroxide-water mixture and it worked like a charm! Thanks! (08/28/2006)

By Barry

Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

It worked! I just couldn't bring myself to buy the numerous douche's it would have taken at my local grocer so I made the cocktail listed above and thank God it worked!

I appreciate all the tips! (09/10/2006)

By Em

A skunk getting ready to spray.
Removing Skunk Smell from a Dog
A skunk getting ready to spray.
Removing Skunk Smell from a Car
Skunk in the Grass
Removing Skunk Smell from House
A plastic basket of laundry.
Removing Skunk Odor from Clothing
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 2:21:20 PM on 10.0.0.235 in 967 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.