Removing Skunk Smell From a Car

I ran over a skunk on Saturday night. I thought it was a possum, so I opened up the windows to see if it was a skunk or not by the smell. Of course, it was a skunk, and now my car reeks of skunk. I am unable to drive it, because the smell is so unpleasant that it actually makes me gag.

I know that there are posts on here for removing it from the outside of a car, but does anyone know any ways to get the smell out of the interior of my car? I've had the windows open for the past 2 days, and the smell hasn't dissipated at all.

By Stacey from Paramus, NJ

Answers:

Removing Skunk Smell From a Car

This sound crazy, but when I was a child living in the country my grandmother used tomato juice. She said that the acid in the tomatoes neutralized the odor.

Carla (11/05/2009)

By nunley10

Removing Skunk Smell From a Car

My husband said to get something called Dead Down Wind Spray. It's an odor neutralizer that hunters use. You can get it at sporting goods stores. (11/07/2009)

By ScGamecockCrew

Removing Skunk Smell From a Car

Try putting coffee (new dry coffee from a can) in a pan (like a kitty litter pan or dish pan) in the car. Close the windows and let it sit in the sun for a couple of days. The coffee should take the smell out. (11/07/2009)

By ahastings7878

Removing Skunk Smell From a Car

Go (or drive) to your local fire station/ambulance station. They have stuff that is used in automobiles that cleans the air out from when people die in their cars and have not been found until they have been in the sweltering heat for a couple of days. I do not know what the name is of the stuff, but they do. So go ask them to help you, after all they are "public servants" in other words they work for you not you work for them, and I am sure they will help you if you ask. Let us know how you turn out on this. (11/07/2009)

By Paula Jo

Removing Skunk Smell From a Car

BON-CC-41. My father-in-law owns a car detailing shop and this is what they use. He also runs it though foggers because it gets the product where they can't physically go, like the cracks of the car, vents, etc. I even use it around the house and I know for a fact that it works on skunk odor from experience.

Good luck.

bioworldusa.com (12/16/2009)

By MelissaF

A skunk getting ready to spray.
Removing Skunk Smell from a Car
big cat in a car
Removing Cat Urine Smell From Car Interior
Skunk in the Grass
Removing Skunk Smell from House
A plastic basket of laundry.
Removing Skunk Odor from Clothing
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
🎄