Removing Skunk Odor from Clothing

There is nothing worse than smelling like a skunk. To remove the smell, soak you clothing in baking soda and water or vinegar and water.

Use a half cup of vinegar or baking soda for each gallon of water. Let soak for several hours before washing as you normally would.

Help! My dog got sprayed by a skunk. My clothes still smell! I've tried hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, Dawn, and hanging them on the clothes line for days. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

By Marlene

Answers

Best Answer

Try tomato juice. My Dad used to catch and sell skunks for a living (believe it or not). That was the only thing he used for removing the smell.

Answer this Question

My dog got sprayed a few months ago and I washed and dried our stinky clothes, in our laundry machines. Now every time I wash and dry my clothes they came out smelling like skunk. Our bed linen to our jackets have the skunk odor and it's just so disturbing. What can you guys recommend to remove the odor. I work and I always feel like I smell, especially on the train. The smell is very strong when I get hot and sweaty.

Please help us. I don't want to throw away all my clothes.

Answers

Soak clothes in vinegar and water. Use 1/2 cup vinegar to each gallon of water. Soak several hours and then wash as usual.

Anonymous

I used a product called Odor Out! It worked for my clothes and furniture and rugs. It can also be used on the dog and on humans.

Answer this Question
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJune 10, 2012
🌻
👔
👒
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Skunk-Odor-from-Clothing.html