Removing Skunk Smell from House and Clothes

A skunk sprayed under our front porch and it is coming through my cloths dryer vent and into my dryer. My clothes smell like skunk and so does my laundry room and the inside of the dryer. Help.

By debpez6 from Waterford, CT

Answers:

You'll need to get under the porch and wash everything down with vinegar and also spray the dirt with vinegar. Afterward, wash anything associated with the dryer vent and inside of the dryer with vinegar and if any clothing still smells of the spray then soak them in hot water with vinegar and then wash as usual. (06/04/2009)

By Deeli

If you have an "ionizing" air cleaner, put it in your laundry room and it will help considerably. I just had a similar problem and it got rid of the odor. If the oils are in the tubing that connects to the outside, it may have to be replaced. Borax also helps with laundry smells, as well as baking soda. Hydrogen peroxide helps with the smell on dogs. (06/08/2009)

By Joy22

Skunk in the Grass
Removing Skunk Smell from House
A skunk getting ready to spray.
Removing Skunk Smell from a Car
Skunk On white Background
Removing Skunk Odor From Carpet
A plastic basket of laundry.
Removing Skunk Odor from Clothing
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
🎉
🎄