Removing Tire Stains from Clothing

Tire and materials made of them can leave marks on clothes. This guide is about removing tire stains from clothing.

bicycle tire
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

How do I remove tyre black from cotton long slacks?

By R Pringle from Sydney, Australia

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I used the customary method of removing oil based paint by applying mineral turpentine to polyester trousers using a cotton bud, but then needed to momentarily soaked the area with turps for the heavier fabric. When nearly dry sprayed with Sard stain remover and gave a warm machine wash, black paint was gone.

My daughters playground uses tire chips instead of sand or pebbles. My daughter comes home everyday with black marks all over her clothes, especially the knees of pants and even on her coats. I am not having luck getting these stains out. I've tried lots of items from the store! Any ideas? I am tired of all her clothes being stained!

Becky from IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My daughter goes to a private school which uses shredded tires on the playground. I don't consider it to be a real bad problem but one day she did come home very dirty and the knees of her blue leggings were stained. I asked the teacher and she said probably it happened because the day before it had rained. What I find more aggrevating is how these little pieces of the tires end up sticking to her jackets, sweaters and sometimes are all over her socks as they seem to get in her shoes. It's not that easy to remove and I don't like spending my time doing it!

I don't know that I can do much about it other than to ask that they change her into old shoes and socks ea day for recess.

I buy a lot of my children's clothes at garage sales and altho I think they look nice and I look for the nicer clothing items, I don't feel as bad if clothes get stained, torn, etc. My kids are young and well kids will be kids. I do however understand what you are going through and that would make me mad to have so many nice clothes ruined!

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsOctober 3, 2013
Checking Your Tire Pressure
Checking Your Tire Pressure
Repairing a Flat Tire
Repairing a Flat Tire
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 3:40:20 PM on 10.0.1.172 in 516 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.