Removing Tree Sap from Your Pet's Fur

Tree sap can be tough to remove from your pet's fur. This is a guide about removing tree sap from your pet's fur.

A dog sitting near pine trees.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have a yellow lab that constantly gets tree sap in her hair. I can usually get the big chunks out with a comb, but there's always a residue that is left behind and collects dirt. She has sensitive skin. What can I use to remove it? Anyone?

Tammy from Sisters, OR

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I read the suggestions, grabbed my dog, olive oil & a comb. The dried sap was out in about 8 seconds! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Read More Answers...

I built a cat run under pine trees that ooze sap after pruning. How can I get the sap out of the fur without having to shave the cats? Will the sap stop after a time?

By G. Grant from eastern shore MD

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I used a little bit of olive oil and rubbed it into the sap. It dissolved the sap in about a minute, and the vet said olive oil isn't toxic. Use a little warm water and Dawn dish detergent to clean it off.

Read More Answers...
Pets GroomingNovember 14, 2012
Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Tree Sap From Laminate Flooring
Tree Sap
Removing Tree Sap from Carpet
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 19, 2016 at 9:14:55 AM on 10.0.0.137 in 551 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.