Removing WD40 From Dried Clothing

I tried using WD40 as a first step in removing crayon that melted onto clothes in the dryer. When I put the wet wash in the dryer, no stains were visible. I was dismayed to take out the dry clothes which now have large blotches wherever WD40 had been applied. Is there any hope for these clothes?

Linda from Frederick, MD

Answers:

Removing WD40 From Dried Clothing

WD-40 is made of fish oil, treat it like any other oil stain and it should come out. I usually try to soak oil stains with Dawn original dish detergent. It gets out all kinds of stains. (07/17/2007)

By duckie43

Removing WD40 From Dried Clothing

French chalk from the drug store will remove oily stains. I'm not sure of the chemical name, it is something magnesium. It comes in a bar like soap. Rub it on and dust it off. Cowboys use it to clean the hair and skin oils from their Stetson hats. (07/17/2007)

By siris

Removing WD40 From Dried Clothing

Dawn dish soap is definitely the way to go. It gets grease and oil out of anything! (11/29/2007)

By mgrogg

Removing WD40 From Dried Clothing
Dried lime cut in half.
Recipes Using Dried Limes
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Removing Graphite (or Pencil) Stains from Clothing
🎉
🎄