Removing a Hem Line From Jeans

How can I remove the line from jeans that were hemmed and then let down?

Kathy from La Plata, MD

Answers:

Removing a Hem Line From Jeans

I really don't think that is possible. My suggestion would be for you to add some sort of trim or fabric. Sew it over the worn looking hem line. Now you have designer jeans! It is very popular these days.

Judy in Alabama (11/11/2006)

By bjptl

Removing a Hem Line From Jeans

I have successfully used a matching permanent marker in the past (Mom of 4, many let downs and let ups.) (11/11/2006)

By Mama

Removing a Hem Line From Jeans

Try using white vinegar on pressing cloth. It works on other fabrics. (11/11/2006)

By BettyW

Removing a Hem Line From Jeans

I like Judy from Alabama's concept. Of course you've washed and pressed the jeans? Even more than store-bought trims, if you embroider? This is a very hot fashion statement these days. Have fun!

Rose Anne (11/11/2006)

By wordswork

Removing a Hem Line From Jeans

I see that look all over the place right now. They are doing this on purpose in the stores. Just press and wear, you will be styling. (11/14/2006)

By Dede

Removing a Hem Line From Jeans
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Making a Jeans Apron
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
Recycled Jeans Flower Pot
Recycled Jeans Planters
🎉
🎄