Repairing Broken Porcelain Dolls and Figurines

It is very sad when treasured porcelain dolls or figurines get chipped or broken. Sometimes if the damage is not too bad they can be fixed. This is a guide about repairing broken porcelain dolls and figurines.

October 17, 2016 Flag

Where can I find a tiny brown fuzzy catapult and a small baseball?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 6, 2015 Flag

I have some old pieces that are broken one has a hand off one piece and one is a small head. I can handle the flat pieces but, the head and the hand do not set even though I stand there and hold it for awhile. How can I stablize the piece for maybe an hour or so to let it dry and set?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Have you considered using a light-gauge wire, Caroline? Make a small cage (like the kind we see holding champagne corks in place), design it so you can tighten it once the glued pieces are in place, but keep it from touching the glue? My only other thought is to make splints for the insides of your figurines. Use contact cement (which dries almost immediately) to attach your splints (one on the hand and one on the arm to which you're attaching the hand) ... well you get my drift. Good luck!

February 4, 2015 Flag

I have a Giuseppe Armani Cinderella figurine. She's beautiful, or was. Her head made a clean break during a move. Where do you recommend? I've called several doll hospitals, repair shops and found no one yet to repair.

By Sharon

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 15, 2015 Flag

My dolls are very old and are starting to crack. Any idea how I can treat them? Thank you.

By Karien

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 11, 2014 Flag

My porcelain doll's leg is broken. I have all three large pieces, but one piece was replaced unevenly. It is not visible to the eye, and I can only feel it by rubbing across. The leg is curved slightly at the knee. I need to add the portion of the leg just below the curve of the knee all the way down to the foot. It is a large part, but I simply can't get it to stay glued as the other two pieces did. I used crazy glue for the other two parts, and it has held beautifully. Any advice?

By Brenda G. from Brownsboro TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 4, 2014 Flag

Where in Greensboro can I find someone to fix my broken doll, her butt is broken. Thanks.

By Gayle W.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 17, 2014 Flag

Where can I find someone to fix some dolls up. They are in need of restoration.

By Karlene

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 6, 2013 Flag

Do you know of any porcelain appraisal and repair shops in Solano county where I can get a piece appraised and repaired?

By Deborah W

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 29, 2010 Flag

I have a porcelain figurine that has been broken. The arm broke clean off, so I need to find a repair shop in Jacksonville, FL. Please if you know of one let me know.

By Mike from Jacksonville, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 31, 2009 Flag

What is the best glue to repair a porcelain doll?

By Sandra from Greensboro, NC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair OtherMay 9, 2013
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
A porcelain doll from the 1950s.
Finding the Current Value of Porcelain Dolls
Firgurine of a woman in a red dress.
Dusting Fragile Figurines
Porcelain Figurine
Cleaning Smoke Residue From Ceramic and Porcelain Figurines
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:28:14 AM on 10.0.0.148 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.