Repairing Broken Porcelain Dolls and Figurines

Category Other
It is very sad when treasured porcelain dolls or figurines get chipped or broken. Sometimes if the damage is not too bad they can be fixed. This is a guide about repairing broken porcelain dolls and figurines.

Where can I find a tiny brown fuzzy catapult and a small baseball?

I would find what is the make and model of the doll, and what year it was created, as well as any identifying model numbers, etc. Then my first step would be to contact the manufacturer and ask them..

Failing that, ther'es always ebay.

You must find out who makes the product. If the product is no longer made you may be out of luck. I had this issue with a Melissa and Doug puzzle that was missing a piece.

I have some old pieces that are broken one has a hand off one piece and one is a small head. I can handle the flat pieces but, the head and the hand do not set even though I stand there and hold it for awhile. How can I stablize the piece for maybe an hour or so to let it dry and set?

Have you considered using a light-gauge wire, Caroline? Make a small cage (like the kind we see holding champagne corks in place), design it so you can tighten it once the glued pieces are in place, but keep it from touching the glue? My only other thought is to make splints for the insides of your figurines. Use contact cement (which dries almost immediately) to attach your splints (one on the hand and one on the arm to which you're attaching the hand) ... well you get my drift. Good luck!

I have a Giuseppe Armani Cinderella figurine. She's beautiful, or was. Her head made a clean break during a move. Where do you recommend? I've called several doll hospitals, repair shops and found no one yet to repair.

By Sharon

My dolls are very old and are starting to crack. Any idea how I can treat them? Thank you.

By Karien

My porcelain doll's leg is broken. I have all three large pieces, but one piece was replaced unevenly. It is not visible to the eye, and I can only feel it by rubbing across. The leg is curved slightly at the knee. I need to add the portion of the leg just below the curve of the knee all the way down to the foot. It is a large part, but I simply can't get it to stay glued as the other two pieces did. I used crazy glue for the other two parts, and it has held beautifully. Any advice?

By Brenda G. from Brownsboro TX

Where in Greensboro can I find someone to fix my broken doll, her butt is broken. Thanks.

By Gayle W.

Where can I find someone to fix some dolls up. They are in need of restoration.

By Karlene

Do you know of any porcelain appraisal and repair shops in Solano county where I can get a piece appraised and repaired?

By Deborah W

I have a porcelain figurine that has been broken. The arm broke clean off, so I need to find a repair shop in Jacksonville, FL. Please if you know of one let me know.

By Mike from Jacksonville, FL

What is the best glue to repair a porcelain doll?

By Sandra from Greensboro, NC