Value of J. Misa Collection Porcelain Dolls

Category Dolls
Porcelain dolls can be a beautiful addition to a curio cabinet or guest bedroom. Some dolls are also valuable. This is a page about the value of J. Misa collection porcelain dolls.

My grandmother wants me to sell this doll that her sister gave her years ago. I can't find any information about this doll anywhere. I've tried eBay, etc. it says it is a J. Misa porcelain doll on her tag on her arm.

Answers

They range from $20 to $30 today on eBay.

There are J. Misa dolls listed on eBay and sometimes on Etsy or Amazon but the value is still low. Usually less than $25 and may take a very long time to sell.

In the past the taller dolls - over 18" - sold more often and usually for more money but since the USPS rates (DIM) changed in June the shipping cost will make these dolls almost unsalable.

Usually Indian, Victorian, and celebrity dolls sell faster but the market is flooded with all brands/types of dolls and the value remains very low.
Condition matters but age and new or used make very little difference in value or how quickly they sell.

You can continue to check the online sites for this particular doll but asking prices mean very little as only sold prices will show what someone is welling to pay. eBay is the only site that has a link to sold items.

You can check this site for your doll as the current prices are shown when you click on the doll.

jmisadolls.info/.../

Is she the sitting gal? If I remember right, there was a boy and girl who were both sitting. They did not come together, but seem to get sold together sometimes. If you had both, I have seen them sell for $10-16 dollars for the pair.

I have seen the singles (just girl or just boy) sell $8-$10.

She is adorable!

PS. here is a little trick I just learned--do the clothes come off? If you can get them off and you have other dolls around your house--sometimes the outfits are worth much more than the dolls...especially if they fit American Girl dolls or other other 18 inch dolls. Or if they fit Barbie (11 1/2 inch dolls) or any standard doll size.

Word of Warning...You CANNOT advertise them as American Girl OR BARBIE or other name brand clothes...but you can say in the text of the ad that they fit (give the doll size--like 18 inch or 11 1/2 inc) dolls LIKE....

Some of the outfits alone--with shoes, can fetch $20-25.

I have a J Miss porcelain doll "Jessica" 25/5000. I can't find any information about her or any clue what her value is. Could someone help me please?

Answers

There were 5000 dolls in this run. It is not rare or unique. I have found similar J. Misa dolls on eBay for less than $40.

Even the life size ones, this one is as tall as a little kid

You have a beautiful doll but it is sad that it is estimated that over 90% of dolls available are worth no more than 20-25 dollars and usually less.

I hope you like the doll and wish to keep it or maybe have someone who would really like to have a doll like this.
here are current listings on eBay (your doll may not be here) that show an average of what sellers are ASKING for these dolls;

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p4840...

www.ebay.com/.../112361786012?hash=item1a2948ca9c...

Here is a link to what some of these dolls actual SOLD for:

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&...

I trash picked a J. Misa doll. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

Answers

She is a sweet Irish theme gal!!

Hard to pinpoint the year...because they made so many Nationality Dolls.

Their website is very wonky:

jmisadolls.info/.../

You could try to contact them to see if they can date her.

As to value, sadly she has very little value at the moment. If you hold on to her around St. Paddy's day she may fetch a little more, but now, they if she sells, it would be for less than $10.

Most actually sit on eBay UNSOLD for months. There is just a glut of dolls on the market at the moment.

What a fun find though!! Maybe you can find a child who would love her!! She is adorable!

I cannot find this exact Irish doll on eBay but they have other ethnicities for $25 and less.

My husband acquired a J Misa 27" porcelain doll today at a thrift store. She is boxed and has her COE. On the COE is the name Rebecca and Amish. To the side of this is hand written 1/50. There is also a wooden heart painted with a basket and 3 tulips. I can find nothing on this doll anywhere. Anyone that can help or point me in the right direction?
TIA

Debbie

Answers

This 23-inch doll is asking over $97. www.ebay.com/.../142216418924

This doll also has me quite puzzled, as I never knew any of the "big box" brands to have something like this has with the note about the handmade clothes by the Mennonites of Lancaster.

Also Mennonites and Amish are not interchangeable terms. Most true Amish dolls have no facial features as that is their culture, so that is an oddity that it calls it "Amish", but the clothes were made by Mennonites.

Now I have not seen every Misa doll, but the bulk of them were dressed in gaudy/frilly outfits. I have never seen one this plain.

The COA is a little hinky also--it has many of the lines of a real COA, but then the signature and the numbering don't feel right to me.

All that said--I hope you have something rare and unusual that I just have never seen (I sold dolls for many years in a variety of retail establishments for a number of years but clearly never saw every doll ever made)!!

So my suggestion is that there are a bunch of doll museums in the US. Call one and send pictures to them and ask.

This link has a list:

www.thesprucecrafts.com/doll-museums-around-the-world-775042

My feeling (and this is JUST speculation) is someone dressed a doll random doll (is the J-Misa mark on the back of the neck--it could even be a real JM, just not her real identity) and created a COA to give the illusion of value...I HOPE I am wrong as that would be terrible. We used to see box swapping when I worked retail--where people would swap an expensive doll and an inexpensive dolls' box so they would pay less for the higher valued doll.

Post back what you learn!! I am so curious on this one!! I love a good mystery!!

I have an old porcelain doll laying around from the J. Misa collection, but I have no information about it except that it is 38 inches tall. I'd like to know the value or possibly name of it.

Answers

These are mass-produced dolls. It is a large doll, so it is probably worth about $35.

She is usually called an Umbrella doll...becuase she carries one and I always thought because the dress bottom looks like an open umbrella.

I don't rmember their naming convention or if they just used numbers. Somehow numbers stands out in my mind.

I found a similar one in a purple dress that sold, no date, but looks recent, for 119.00. The bigger dolls have much more value than the small ones.

J Misa made a lot of dolls in the day and the taller ones have slightly more value than the smaller ones.

I don't remember their naming convention...in fact it may just have been numbers.

I can't find an exact match to yours, but a similar one in a purple dress sold for $119:

www.jmisadolls.com/index.php?main_page=product_info...

You can check eBay and google frequently to see if you can find an exact match for her...but I am guessing it will be selling around the same...maybe a little less because the blonde dolls now sell for less than dolls with brown hair (red haired seem to fetch the most probably because they made fewer.)

There is some neat pictures of other dolls (but no values) on this site:

jmisadolls.info/.../

If she were mine, I would start it in the 120 range and take best offer. Be sure to package her up for shipping and weigh her, measure box etc and put that all in eBay if you are selling there. Never let them figure postage costs--they are always wrong. You may need to click on the advanced selling tool to get to the place where you can put in your own shipping info. Well worth the time as you have to heavily package these items, and she is huge, so most likely there is going to be a balloon shipping fee and that will need to be paid by the buyer not you.

Post back how much you sell her for!! She is quite lovely!

I found this porcelain J. Misa doll that I had as a child. It doesn't have a name or number, but I have the certificate of authenticity. I would like to know if anyone knows it's name and value.

Answers

This certificate is meaningless. There were 2000 dolls in this run alone. This is a mass-produced doll. You can see them on eBay for less than $25

She is lovely. The COA usually has the doll's name on it if she was given one, although this may have been a few brands that just put the name on the box (I am hard pressed to remember that detail of when I used to sell them).

She looks like the brand you stated, J. Misa. She should have a stamp or marking on her neck under her hair to confirm that the brand on the COA is her brand.

If you have the box, that may add a tiny amount to her value, but sadly most of this brand of dolls sells for under $15 online. Sometimes dolls with red hair fetch slightly more (so if you are going to sell her, be sure to note red curly hair in the ad).

Here is a sample of those that recently sold. You can see at the bottom of the list there are several ringers in the brand that sold for more, but they are the larger dolls (over 20 inches tall), for some reason the tall dolls held their value more than the smalls.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=J.+Misa+doll...

I always tell people, if you love the doll, hold on to her, she may someday be worth more, but most likely, because they were so heavily mass produced, it will take a longer time to increase in value.

Thanks for sharing!

I am wanting to know what my J. Misa collection doll is worth.

Answers

From what I have seen on EBay, they are worth $35 or less.

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsMarch 22, 2018
🌻
📓
🐛