Value of a Limited Edition J. Misa Porcelain Doll

I found this porcelain J. Misa doll that I had as a child. It doesn't have a name or number, but I have the certificate of authenticity. I would like to know if anyone knows it's name and value.

This certificate is meaningless. There were 2000 dolls in this run alone. This is a mass-produced doll. You can see them on eBay for less than $25

She is lovely. The COA usually has the doll's name on it if she was given one, although this may have been a few brands that just put the name on the box (I am hard pressed to remember that detail of when I used to sell them).

She looks like the brand you stated, J. Misa. She should have a stamp or marking on her neck under her hair to confirm that the brand on the COA is her brand.

If you have the box, that may add a tiny amount to her value, but sadly most of this brand of dolls sells for under $15 online. Sometimes dolls with red hair fetch slightly more (so if you are going to sell her, be sure to note red curly hair in the ad).

Here is a sample of those that recently sold. You can see at the bottom of the list there are several ringers in the brand that sold for more, but they are the larger dolls (over 20 inches tall), for some reason the tall dolls held their value more than the smalls.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=J.+Misa+doll...

I always tell people, if you love the doll, hold on to her, she may someday be worth more, but most likely, because they were so heavily mass produced, it will take a longer time to increase in value.

Thanks for sharing!

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsNovember 11, 2018
🎂
🎃
🌻