Finding the Value of a Porcelain Laura Doll by Ashton Drake

Category Dolls
This is a page about finding the value of a porcelain Laura doll by Ashton Drake. The Little House on the Prairie "Laura" doll, by Ashton Drake, was a fairly common doll and may not hold much resale value. Finding similar dolls for sale online is the best way to determine current market value.

I have had her since I was 8 in 1991! There are no scratches and she has never been taken out of the box. She's certified and papered and is a first edition. My great grandma had gotten her for $200.00 at the time. How much is she worth and how do I sell her?

Answers

Best Answer

Ashton Drake dolls were and still are mass produced which means they are very plentiful and not very valuable. Occasionally a doll may sell for a little more but it is rare. I would suggest you keep your doll or maybe give it to someone who will appreciate how long and well you have kept this doll.

As a general rule, dolls like this are very slow movers on auction sites and are a real pain to ship because they are fragile and insurance is expensive. By slow moving, I mean some sellers have one doll listed for weeks/months or even years and it may not ever sell.
If you are still interested in selling then you might want to look into Craigslist as this would be local with no shipping involved.
Asking prices on eBay do not really mean very much but here is a link showing the same doll that recently sold on eBay (which is a better idea of real value).

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Laura...

I have an Ashton Drake Laura Ingalls Wilder doll designed by Wendy Lawton from 1995. It has all the accessories and is still boxed.

What would it be worth? I have looked everywhere, but can't find a value.

Answers

This one is asking $64. picclick.com/Ashton-Drake-Laura-Ingalls-Doll-Signed...

Hello. Can you clarify a few things for me please?

Can you show better photos of the tags and the box and her face?

Does she have markings under her hair (back of her neck)?

How tall is she?

Is she holding anything?

I remember several versions of Laura Ingalls Wilder dolls, but they had a blue dress with red trim. I don't remember one with a red dress with white pinafore.

I want to make sure I am helping you find the right doll.

Many thanks!

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsNovember 30, 2017
🎃
🌻