Finding the Value of Seymour Mann Dolls?

I have a limited edition award winning Seymour Mann Porcelain Doll from the Connoisseur Collection. Her name is April. She comes with a pink satin bunny and an Easter basket with eggs.

She has never been taken out of package? Is she worth anything?

Answers

Best Answer

In the past few years dolls like this have flooded the market which has really driven down the value of the dolls. These dolls are mass-produced in lost of 1000-5000 dolls and sold worldwide. Therefore the resale value is so low right now. Considering your doll is still in the package and it comes with extra items the doll could bring in a it more for you. You might be lucky to sell this doll for 20-30 dollars tops.

Best Answer

She is lovely but still very low value.
There are over 1,100 Seymour Mann dolls from the Connoisseur Collection listed for sale on eBay alone. Most of these will never sell no matter the price or how long they are listed for sale.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2323012...

Asking prices are just a price a seller would like to receive for their items but only an exact sold item will tell you what is considered 'current value'.

here is a link to eBay's sold listings so you can see what people are really paying for these dolls. You may not find your exact doll (there were at least 3 different Aprils made in the collection) but similar dolls will still help you to know the true value for these dolls and it has been this way for several years.
Occasionally a doll will sell for more money but usually this is a 'one time' and may not happen again for many months.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=seymour+mann...

You may find more information on the value of these dolls from past questions (value usually less that $15-25 and may not sell for many months - if ever).

www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-the-Value-of-Seymour-Mann...

Answer this Question

92 More Questions

I have a Seymour Mann Connoisseur baby doll. The style number is rdk-257 C-18330. If anyone can tell me want this is worth and/or about the doll, I'd appreciate it!

By Christina W. from Raleigh

Answers

You can search online and find many sites for doll collectors. Keep in mind that just because the doll may be fancy, old, inherited, etc., it most probably has little value.

I am wondering, what is the value of Redwing with her papoose style # AM-30? It is 1 piece.

Answers

Best Answer

Unfortunately, these dolls are selling for very little right now. Most people are lucky to sell a doll for 5 to 10 dollars. The market for dolls has almost but dried up right now because little girls no longer want them.

Best Answer

I remember this series! They were quite pricey when new.

Sadly in today's resale market, the most you may fetch for her is 19.99 (plus shipping).

Most average selling (if they sell) in the 5-9.99 range with buyer paid shipping.

If she were mine, I would start at 19.99 and take best offer (do a buy it now best offer good until cancelled auction).

If you want to try to fetch more, you could start her in a 7 day auction (Sunday to Sunday) and start at 19.99 and see if the price goes up.

I would only sell her on eBay if you are an experienced seller and comfortable packing her correctly (she will need to be double boxed).

These dolls are extremely fragile and if not packed correctly can be smashed into a million pieces in the shipping process.

Best way to sell her if you are not experienced is to put her up on a local site where she can be picked up in person OR find a consignment shop that will sell her for you.

Where I am, most consignment shop no longer take dolls because there is such a glut and they are slow sellers. Hopefully you will have better luck!!

Post back with an update! Thanks for sharing!

Answer this Question

I have a Seymour Mann Connoisseur Collection doll. It's a 16" porcelain bridal doll in the box with its authentification paperwork. The arms and legs are wrapped. The certificate of authenticity says it's #209/2500. Her name is Bride Jessica.

I have spent some time trying to find Jessica to get a possible value for the doll, but with no luck thus far. I am hoping that someone might help to direct me to a site that will hopefully help with some questions.

Thank you for any suggestions anyone might have.

Answers

Best Answer

Seymour Mann is a company that produces each doll they make in mass-quantity. Normally they make around 5000 dolls of each model to sell worldwide. Therefore, when a person goes to sell the dolls again there are too many of them on the market. This lowers the price of the doll. Many of these dolls are sell for just $5 each on eBay and then people are not selling them. You will be lucky if you can make $5 to $25 for each doll you have to sell.

Best Answer

I am not surprised you can't find an exact match to your lovely gal. The reason is most of the sellers have no clue what they have and they list it with titles that are not helpful. Like Seymour Mann Doll or Connoisseur doll or 16 inch bride doll.

It could take weeks to find an exact match because you would have to sort through every way she could be listed.

Plus, there are several brides this brand made named Jessica (do not match faces).

I can tell you generally, if you are trying to sell her, that the bride dolls sell best in June and October and fetch an average of $10-30 if they sell.

That she is a brunette may get her in to the $20-30 range since most of the dolls are blond and supply is so high and demand so low that these sit much longer than the dark haired/red haired gals.

There is a glut of all dolls on the market now and most will sit for months before selling--across the board...no matter what type of doll it is.

If she was mine, I would start high and take best offer. If I had the time, I would wait and start the listing in April or May for the June rush, then pull her until August or September for the October rush.

Post back how your sale goes!

Answer this Question

I found a 19" Wizard of Oz musical Dorothy doll. It says it's a Seymour Mann 1982. She's in mint condition, box is worn though.

Answers

Best Answer

It is difficult to find an 18-20 inch Oz doll but I'm not sure that will increase the value very much as dolls are just very slow sellers and as a general rule, value is very low - usually less than $35 even for the more collectable brands/characters.

Since I could not even find one of these dolls sold/showing on 'Worthpoint' (a site that appraisers use) I'm not sure how to value your doll.

You can check out sold listings on eBay to see what people are paying for Seymour Mann regular dolls but not sure that's a good example.

www.ebay.com/.../i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=seymore+mann...

There are lots of the 10" Tiny Tots Dorthy dolls sold and for sale but I did not see any of the larger dolls listed.
I think the favorite OZ dolls were made by Mattel (Barbie dolls) and these can occasionally be found but still no high values (witches are usually the favorites).

This may not be the best time to sell dolls but still, some do sell; just give it some time.

I can only suggest that you take her out of this box and take some very good pictures (pictures sell) and list her measurements and other information as the box in this condition doesn't look very good and will not add to the value as it is not considered 'new in box'. Be sure to show any markings on her neck in your pictures.

If you currently sell on eBay or Etsy then use them but if not familiar with these sites it will better for you to use sites like Facebook marketplace, letgo, offerup and any other sites you are familiar with.
Start the price high, maybe $95-100 (or best offer) plus shipping and leave it for a few weeks. If no one shows an interest you can lower the price and wait again.
Post on several sites at the same time.

Answer this Question

What is the value of this Seymour Mann MCMXCIX doll with stand?

Answers

Best Answer

Seymour Mann produces pretty dolls but their high numbers of so many dolls brings the value very but their are exceptions.

Answer this Question

I have a Seymour Mann doll, reg. no PA-3630 (TW) and reg. no CH-17806. Does anyone know the name of this doll and what it is worth?
Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

Seymour Mann dolls are mass-produced. Even though they can be more than $100, the do not retain their value and are typically worth $15-$25.

Answer this Question

I have looked on eBay and other sites and I am having trouble finding this doll (Joella). Any ideas or help on info, value, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Answers

Best Answer

Over the years, Seymour Mann has produced so many dolls that it would be impossible to find every one of these at any given time. If you are an eBay member you can put Joella on a "watch" list and eBay will notify you if someone happens to list this doll. Just go to "advanced" and check out eBay services.

Answer this Question

I have a Seymour Mann Connoisseur collection doll MCMXCVI (Marguerite) in the original box with all the tags, in excellent condition and would like to know what it is worth?

Answers

Best Answer

The Seymour Mann doll collections are mass produced and don't bring a high resale value. It is unfortunate that this happens, The dolls that hold their value and increase in value are the ones made by famous doll collectors. Most people can only resell your doll or dolls similar to yours for around $20 to $30. I know this isn't much money considering how much the doll cost when you purchased it.

Answer this Question

I have a Mann musical porcelain doll and want to know what it's worth. The reg number is PA1141. OH-12567

Answers

Best Answer

This type of dolls are mass produced and don't have a high resale value. Most people try to sell dolls, thinking they are worth a great deal of money. When in fact, only the dolls who are made by famous doll makers brings this type of price. Your doll will resale for around $20 to $40 tops.

Answer this Question

How much is a Seymour Mann doll #FH 294 worth? The cost of this doll was $50 in 1990.

Answers

Best Answer

I can't find your exact doll but they range from 10.00 to 50.00. You should go on E-Bay look over the dolls you may find yours. You can get E-Mail alerts from E-Bay if your doll becomes listed they will let you know.

Answer this Question

I have 11 Seymour Mann baby dolls in their boxes. They belonged to my mother who passed away and left them to me. I am not a doll collector. Is there anywhere I can find the value? I have all the code numbers. We are moving soon and do not have space for 11 dolls.

Thank you.

Load More
Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsJuly 28, 2013
🍂
🎄
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-the-Value-of-Seymour-Mann-Dolls.html